Columbia Buys Montrail
- Rarely One To Wear M&A on Its Sleeve, Columbia Buys Mountain. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/21/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the acquisition of Mountain Hardware Inc. by Columbia Sportswear Company. Value of the acquisition deal; Comments from David Campbell, equity analyst with Raymond James; Revenue growth posted by Columbia in 2002.
- Outdoor Apparel Maker Columbia Flows Into Yoga with $190M Deal. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/5/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p5
The article announces the acquisition of California-based athletic accessories firm Prana Living LLC from California-based private equity firm Steelpoint Capital Partners by Oregon-based Columbia Sportswear Co. for the amount of 190 million dollars in cash.
- COLUMBIA'S MOUNTAIN MOVE. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/14/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 53, p2
Reports on the acquisition agreement between Columbia Sportswear Co. and Mountain Hardwear Inc. in Portland, Oregon.
- Early Walkers. Hill, Steven // Field & Stream;Aug2006, Vol. 111 Issue 4, pWH12
The article presents a comparison of hunting boots including products from Columbia, Montrail Inc. and Irish Setter and offers information on its features and prices.
- EXPERT OPINION. Weissmann, Dan // Crain's Chicago Business;1/31/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p31
The article presents information on Columbia Sportswear Co.'s Bugabootoo boots. Reporter Jim Wagner, who stands in front of CLTV cameras at outdoor news scenes on weekday mornings says that the shoes are really warm.
- Columbia Execs Still Focused on Footwear. Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;10/16/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 41, p12
The article reports on the plan of Columbia Sportswear to focus on its footwear segment in 2006. Chief executive officer Tim Boyle remains committed to develop a comprehensive, year-round shoe business. While Boyle pointed to successes in the trail running and sandal categories of the firm, he...
- Columbia Grabs Pacific Trail For $20.4 Million in Auction. Tran, Khanh T. L. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/31/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 68, p14
The article reports on the acquisition of portfolio of outdoor brands of Pacific Trail by Columbia Sportswear Co. in an auction following the bankruptcy of Pacific Trail's parent company London Fog Group Inc. in the U.S. in 2006. Columbia Sportswear Co. bested Perry Ellis International Inc. and...
- SCOTT KERSLAKE. Lunan, Charlie // SGB;May2014, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p6
The article focuses on chief executive officer (CEO) Scott Kerslake and his success in driving the sales and growth of the lifestyle apparel brand prAna. The growth potential of the apparel brand has attracted CEO and chairman Tim Boyle of Columbia Sportswear Co. to purchase the firm and work...
- Columbia To Buy Prana. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/30/2014, Vol. 207 Issue 87, p9
The article discusses the plans of the outerwear and sportswear manufacturer Columbia Sportswear Co. to acquire the athletic-leisure clothing company Prana Living LLC from the private equity firm Steelpoint Capital Partners and others as of April 30, 2014. The acquisition is part of Columbia's...