NEWS & ANALYSIS
- Average Price of Athletic Footwear Rises in 2006. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;1/29/2007, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p2
The article reports that the average price point for athletic footwear rose to 3.4% in 2006. According to the report of Sporting Goods Market in 2007 published by National Sporting Goods Association, males aged 18-24 years old paid the most for athletic footwear with the average price of $61.82...
- Sports and specialty stores: no increase in average shoe prices. // NSGA Retail Focus;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on the preliminary data gathered by the National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA) that relate to sports and specialty stores. It is indicated that the average price point for athletic footwear in 2008 shows no increase in the said stores. The average price has remained...
- Overall average price of athletic footwear edges up in 2008. // NSGA Retail Focus;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on the study conducted by the National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA), which examines the overall average price of athletic footwear in 2008. The preliminary data has put the average price point for athletic footwear in 2008 at $43.71, a 1.6% increase from 2007....
- Shaping Up. Leand, Judy // SGB;Aug2007, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p36
The article discusses the cross-training footwear industry, and how steps are being taken to redefine the products and the industry image to better reflect current trends in sports. The article states that Reebok is planning on working with professional sporting leagues to build its...
- Efforts Focus on Olympics, Worm Cup, NBA. Cassidy, Hilary // Brandweek;1/7/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the marketing efforts for the athletic footwear and sports retail industries in the United States as of January 7, 2002. Increase in athletic footwear sales through August 2001; Plan of Adidas to increase its marketing spending; Features of the marketing program of New Balance.
- INDUSTRY CALENDAR. // SGB;Dec2008, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p34
A calendar of events related to sporting goods industry in the U.S. from December 2008 to September 2009 is presented which include the Baseball Tradeshow, Let's Play Hockey Expo, and Outdoor Retailer Summer Market.
- ROLLER FOREVER. // Transworld Skateboarding;Dec2006, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p98
This article presents several roller bags for skateboarding people. Alpine Divine roiling suitcase by L-R-G for $150. 9800 by Ogio for $180. Bradley by Etnies for $90. Viathan by DC for $180. Split Roller 120 by Dakine for $130. Des Grafik Omega Roller by Volcom for $190. 60/40 Convertible by...
- On the Ball. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p23
Presents information on Kids' Sportsworld, a sporting goods store for children in Chesterfield, Missouri. History of the company; Target age group; Financial performance.
- A High Price to Pay. Lunan, Charlie; Ryan, Tom // SGB;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p32
The article offers the author's comments on how the weakening U.S. economy and Chinese sourcing issues are forcing the sporting goods industry to rethink ways of doing business. It is predicted that prices are expected to rise dramatically during the next two years, mainly due to higher...