The Sports Authority to go Private
- Hilco Exits Tommy Armour. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/3/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p6
The article reports that the Tommy Armour golf brand has been acquired by The Sports Authority, owned by Leonard Green & Partners.
- Investor Group Acquires The Sports Authority for $1.3b. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/24/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 16, p16
The article reports that Sports Authority Inc. has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by an investor group affiliated with Leonard Green & Partners for $1.3 billion, or $37.25 a share. The investor group is led by Green Equity Investors. The transaction, which includes assumed...
- Clock ticking on Sports Authority; deal likely to close in second quarter. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;2/6/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the possible closure of the bid for the acquisition of sporting goods retailer Sports Authority Inc. following the buyout package offered by private equity firm Leonard Green & Partners LP for the sporting goods retailer. The private equity firm offered 1.3 billion for the...
- Investment Firm to Buy MAG? KÃ¼ryakyn, J&P Cycles may join Claim Jumper and Petco in investment fund. // Dealernews;Jan2007, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on the acquisition of the Motorsport Aftermarket Group by the Leonard Green & Partners LP in Los Angeles, California. According to the report, the latter company's investment fund targets those firms valued between $500 million and $2 billion. Its Website focuses on...
- Buy-out firm in on Australia gold producer. Schwimmer, Anne // Pensions & Investments;8/9/93, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p9
Reports on Leonard Green & Associates' acquisition of the Australian Resources Investment & Mining Co. Cost; Renaming as Australia Resources & Mining; Entering the Australian Stock Exchange.
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // Pumper;Oct2012, p84
The article offers industry news briefs as of October, 2012 including opening of new by Gardner Denver Nash LLC in Pennsylvania, acquisition of Fleetsource Co. by D & W Diesel Inc and Tank Holding Corp. by Leonard Green & Partners LP.
- Banks Prep $1.025B TL for Jo-Ann LBO. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;1/10/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the 650 million U.S. dollar term loan arranged by JPMorgan and Bank of America Merrill Lynch to finance Leonard Green & Partners' 1.6 billion U.S. dollar buyout of Jo-Ann Stores in 2011.
- BJs Launches $2.58B Buyout Financing. COLTER, ALLISON BISBEY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/12/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p10
The article reports on the financing deal launched by BJ's Wholesale Club Inc. for its buyout by Leonard Green & Partners LP and CVC Capital Partners.
- Prospect Medical Deal Features HY Repurchase. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/23/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p34
The article focuses on a 363-million-U.S. dollar deal between Leonard Green & Partners and Prospect Medical Holdings, in which the private equity firm agreed to acquire the hospital operator for 8.50 dollars per share and includes the assumption of about 158 million dollars in debt through a...