URTICA PRAETERMISSA (URTICACEAE): UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DEL CENTRO DE MÃ‰XICO
- ELATOSTEMA BIOPPOSITUM (URTICACEAE), A NEW SPECIES FROM GUANGXI, CHINA. LIN-DONG DUAN; YUN LIN // Bangladesh Journal of Plant Taxonomy;Dec2013, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p179
A new species of Elatostema J. R. Forst. & G. Forst. (Urticaceae), E. bioppositum L. D. Duan & Y. Lin, is described and illustrated from Guangxi, China. This species was found growing in evergreen broad-leaved forests in limestone hills at altitudes of 410-550 m. The new species is related to E....
- SEDUM NEOVOLCANICUM (CRASSULACEAE) UNA ESPECIE NUEVA ORIGINARIA DEL CENTRO-OCCIDENTE DE Mï¿½XICO. P�rez-Calix, Emmanuel; Garc�a Ruiz, Ignacio // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2002, Issue 58, p57
Sedum neovolcanicum is described as new species, based on plants collected in the western portion of the geographical region known as the Trans-Mexican Volcanic Belt, in the states of Jalisco and Michoacï¿½n. The new taxon resembles Sedum bourgaei Hemsl., S. tortuosum Hemsl. and S....
- Two Puyas from Peru. Dijkgraaf, Leo // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p166
The article photographs of two puyas from Peru. The description of the area where the puyas are found is given. The description of their flowers is presented.
- STAR ATTRACTION. Klein, Carol // Horticulture;May/Jun2005, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p42
Features several species of astrantias. Astrantia maxima; Glebe cottage crimson; Raven's wing or Anthriscus sylvestris. INSET: Growing from Seed.
- DOS NOVEDADES EN ZINNIA SUBGENERO DIPLOTHRIX (COMPOSITAE: HELIANTHEAE) DEL CENTRO DE MEXICO. De Rzedowski, Graciela Calderon; Rzedowski, Jerzy // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1996, Issue 36, p77
Zinnia acerosa (DC.) A. Gray var. guanajuatensis, from the state of Guanajuato, and Z. zamudiana, from the state of QuerÃ©taro, are described as new. The first differs from the typical variety in the prostrate habit, in the wider heads which contain a larger number of flowers, and in the...
- A Tale of Two Vines. Hawke, Richard // Chicagoland Gardening;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p11
The article features two vines, the Japanese hydrangea vine and the climbing hydrangea. Both vines are similar in their lush foliage, bold flowers and are both slow-growing. The Japanese hydrangea requires more protection in winter than the climbing hydrangea. It can grow up to 30 feet tall but...
- gynomonoecious:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p47
A definition of the term "gynomonoecious" is presented. It refers to a species with both perfect and pistillate flowers occurring on the same plants.
- CARACTERIZACION DE DOS TIPOS DE VANILLA PLANIFOLIA. Martinez, Roberta Castillo; Engleman, E. Mark // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1993, Issue 25, p49
In the reproductive state, two kinds of vanilla plants were selected: a) Mansa or Fina and b) Oreja de Burro or Mestiza. Their vegetative and reproductive parts were measured. The flowering periods and number of retained fruits were recorded. The vegetative parts of Oreja de Burro were larger,...
- A New Species of Racinaea (Bromeliaceae) from the Province of Loja, in Southern Ecuador. Manzanares, Jos� M.; Till, Walter // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p198
The authors describe and illustrate Racinaea pattersoniae as a new species of Ecuadorian Bromeliaceae, and also provide morphological data that distinguishes it from R. michelii (Mez) M.A. Spencer & L.B. Sm. and from R. tripinnata (Baker) M.A. Spencer & L.B. Sm. The most important morphological...