THE SUBMERSION OF PEDILANTHUS INTO EUPHORBIA (EUPHORBIACEAE)
- A NEW COMBINATION AND A NEW NAME IN MEXICAN EUPHORBIACEAE. Steinmann, Victor W. // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2002, Issue 61, p59
A new combination, Euphorbia trialata (Huft) V.W. Steinm., is made to accommodate Chamaesyce trialata Huft within Euphorbia. In addition, Adelia virgata Brandegee, a later homonym of Adelia virgata Poir. (= Flueggea tinctoria (L.) G.L. Webster), is given the new name Adelia brandegeei V.W. Steinm.
- Functional Andromonoecy in Euphorbia (Euphorbiaceae). NARBONA, E.; ORTIZ, P. L.; ARISTA, M. // Annals of Botany;May2002, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p571
The occurrence of cyathia containing staminate flowers but lacking a pistillate flower was studied in 17 species of Euphorbia. Male cyathia were found in the majority of species studied (88Â·2 %) giving functional andromonoecy. In the male cyathia, the pistillate flower is generally totally...
- Euphorbia Euphoria. Scheick, William // Texas Gardener;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p34
The article provides information on euphorbias. It is stated that euphorbias include more than 2,000 species spread across the planet. They require bright, indirect sunlight and their roots prefer cool niches under rocks. They also produce a milky sap which can cause skin rashes or blisters. It...
- EUPHORBIA. Carter, S. // Illustrated Handbook of Succulent Plants: Dicotyledons;2004, p102
The article offers information on Euphorbia, a genera under the succulent plant family of Euphorbiaceae. The general description of the plant is given. It also presents notes on the genera's geographical distribution and origin of its name. It also presents information on the description,...
- Euphorbia continifolia. // Australian Horticulture;Mar2010, p12
the article discusses how to grow the tropical smoke bush called Euphorbia cotinifolia, which is also called by other names like the Mexican shrubby spurge and the Caribbean copper plant.
- Antibacterial Activity of Some Euphorbiaceae Weeds Against Pathogens. Parmesha, M.; Raghavendra, S.; Ramesh, C. K.; Manjunatha, K. S.; Prakash, G. // ICFAI Journal of Life Sciences;2008, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p36
Antibacterial studies were conducted by utilizing three species of weeds belonging to Euphorbiaceae, such as Euphorbia hirta, Euphorbia geniculata and Croton sparsiflorus. The soxhlet extraction was done by using the solvent absolute alcohol to obtain the whole plant extract. The extract was...
- ERRATA. Mayfield, Mark H. // Journal of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas;2014, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p85
A correction to the article "Four new annual species of Euphorbia section Tithymalus (Euphorbiaceae) from North America" that was published in a 2013 issue is presented related to species of Euphorbia ouachitana.
- Cytological and molecular characterization of Vicia esdraelonensis Warb. & Eig: a rare taxon. M. Ruffini Castiglione; M. Frediani; M. T. Gelati; C. Ravalli; G. Venora; P. Caputo; R. Cremonini // Protoplasma;Oct2007, Vol. 231 Issue 3/4, p151
Summary.Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Vicia esdraelonensis, a rare taxon belonging to section Hypechusa of subgenus Vicia, was recovered and analyzed by cytological, karyological, and molecular methods, with the aim of both characterizing this species and furthering our knowledge of the phylogeny of...
- The explosive pollination mechanism in Papilionoideae (Leguminosae): an analysis with three Desmodium species. Alemán, Mercedes; Figueroa-Fleming, Trinidad; Etcheverry, Ángela; Sühring, Silvia; Ortega-Baes, Pablo // Plant Systematics & Evolution;Jan2014, Vol. 300 Issue 1, p177
In the papilionaceous flowers with explosive pollination mechanism, the androecium and the gynoecium are subjected to great pressure in the keel. It has been suggested that at the first visit nearly all pollen grains are released and that the floral parts do not return to their original...