DAHLIA CAMPANULATA AND D. CUSPIDATA (ASTERACEAE, COREOPSIDEAE): TWO NEW SPECIES FROM MEXICO
- A new species of Helianthus (Compositae) for the Argentine flora. Sala, Carlos A.; Echarte, Adriana Mariel; Rodriguez, Raul // Darwiniana;1990, Vol. 30 Issue 1-4, p293
Helianthus laetiflorus Pers., a new species for Argentine, is cited. The morphology, chromosome number, seed set and pollen viability of natural populations of this species are described.
- Centaurea alfonsoi (Asteraceae, Cardueae), a New Species from Iran. Negaresh, Kazem; Ranjbar, Massoud; Rahiminejad, Mohammad Reza // Annales Botanici Fennici;May2014, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p195
Centaurea alfonsoi Negaresh sp. nova (Asteraceae) is described and illustrated from Kermanshah Province, W Iran. It resembles C. regia subsp. regia, but differs from it by having densely tomentose phyllaries, with small appendages, triangular median appendages, shorter cilia and spine, and white...
- Crazy for Daisy. Scheick, William J. // Texas Gardener;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p26
Provides information on daisy cultivars that exhibit diversity on the popularly perceived daisy profile. Description of the Shasta daisy profile of chrysanthemums; Dahlia cultivars with resemblance to daisies; Other Asteracea affiliates that display variations on the daisy pattern.
- Klasea nana (Asteraceae), a new species from NE Iran. Ranjbar, Massoud; Negaresh, Kazem; Karamian, Roya; Joharchi, Mohammad Reza // Annales Botanici Fennici;Oct2012, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p402
Klasea nana Ranjbar & Negaresh sp. nova (Asteraceae) is described and illustrated. It is conined to the Khorasan Province in northeastern Iran and closely resembles K. latifolia, but differs from it by having a shorter habit, smaller basal leaves, and arachnoid phyllaries.
- TRES ADICIONES A LA FLORA FANEROGAMICA DE MEXICO. Rzedowski, Jerzy; Calderon De Rzedowski, Graciela // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1995, Issue 32, p1
Geniostemon rotundifolius (Gentianaceae), from the state of QuerÃ©taro, Stachys turneri (Labiatae), from the state of Guanajuato, and Vernonia solorzanoana (Compositae, Vernonieae), from the state of MichoacÃ¡n, are described as new species. The first taxon differs from all known species of...
- Two new species of Vriesea (Tillandsioideae, Bromeliaceae) from Southeastern Brazil. Silva, Bruno Rezende // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p77
Presents information on plant species Vriesea fountourae and Vriesea revoluta in southeastern Brazil. Description of their leaves; Background on the flowers of both species; Plants related to the species.
- Guzmania nangaritzae, A new species from South-eastern Ecuador. Luther, Harry E.; Norton, Karen F. // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p256
The article focuses on a new bromeliad species from Southeastern Ecuador called Guzmania nangaritzae. It describes the physical characteristics of the plant, the leaf and the flowers. It explains how G. nangaritza differs from its two southern Ecuador relatives, G. condorensis and G. madisonii....
- Diversidad del gÃ©nero Dahlia (Asteraceae: Coreopsideae) en Jalisco, MÃ©xico y descripciÃ³n de una especie nueva. Castro-Castro, Arturo; Rodríguez, Aarón; Vargas-Amado, Georgina; Harker, Mollie // Revista Mexicana de Biodiversidad;2012, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p347
The greatest diversity and endemism of Coreopsideae Turner et Powell (Asteraceae) is concentrated in Mexico. Dahlia Cav. is a characteristic genus of Coreopsideae and represented in Jalisco by D. barkerae Knowles et Westc., D. coccinea Cav., D. pugana Aaron Rodr. et A. Castro, D. sherffii P. D....
- Untitled. // Exploring the Native Plant World: A Life Science Curriculum 5th-;2004, p9
This article provides information on simple and compound flowers. Simple flowers have many petals with a similar shape. But after millions of years, flowers have changed and newer species exist with complex structures. An example of a compound flower is the sunflower family of Asteraceae. Most...