PINGUICULA CONZATTII (LENTIBULARIACEAE), UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DEL ESTADO DE OAXACA, Mï¿½XICO
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE PINGUICULA (LENTIBULARIACEAE) DE LOS ESTADOS DE QUERETARO E HIDALGO, MEXICO. Zamudio, Sergio; Ortega, Ricardo Zirahuen // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1994, Issue 28, p57
Pinguicula moctezumae, from the Rï¿½o Moctezuma canyon in the Mexican states of Queretaro and Hidalgo is described as new. This species belongs to the section Orcheosanthus, subsection Violiformis, with P. gypsicola Brandegee, on account of its lanceolate-linear leaves. A pesar del alto...
- UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DE PINGUICULA (LENTIBULARIACEAE) DE CENTROAMERICA. Zamudio, Sergio // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1997, Issue 40, p65
Pinguicula mesophytica is described as a new species for the science. This plant has been confused with P. moranensis HBK., from which it differs in its smaller red corollas with suborbicular or oblate upper lobes and obovate lower lobes, in its petiolate leaves with ciliate petioles and in its...
- SITUACION TAXONOMICA DE PINGUICULA ORCHIDIOIDES DC. (LENTIBULARIACEAE). Zamudio, Sergio // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1998, Issue 42, p7
In this work, the taxonomic and nomenclatural situation of Pinguicula orchidioides DC. are discussed. It is a distinct and independent species, different from P. oblongiloba DC., with which it has been confused. A complete description and distribution data of the species are given, as well as an...
- LITERATURE REVIEWS. // Carnivorous Plant Newsletter;Jun2005, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p60
Presents a review of literature on several plant species. Effects of barley straw on algae and zooplankton; Description of Pinguicula louissi Markgraf in Albania; Characteristics of the Pinguicula species from the Eastern Mountain range of Cuba.
- Rapid and recent origin of species richness in the Cape flora of South Africa. Richardson, James E.; Weitz, Frans M.; Fay, Michael F.; Cronk, Quentin C.B.; Linder, H. Peter; Reeves, G.; Chase, Mark W. // Nature;7/12/2001, Vol. 412 Issue 6843, p181
Discusses a study which showed speciation in a species-rich genus characteristics of the Cape flora using molecular phylogenetics and precise dating of two island species within the same clade as the continental taxa in South Africa. Aridification in the Cape region; How the study was conducted.
- DOS NUEVAS ESPECIES DE PINGUICULA (LENTIBULARIACEAE) DEL CENTRO Y NORTE DE MEXICO. Zamudio, Sergio // Acta Botanica Mexicana;sep1988, Issue 3, p21
Two new species of Pinguicula are described from Mexico P. crassifolia (Subg. Pinguicula) from Las Ventanas, municipality of El Chico, Hidalgo, and P. gracilis (Subg. Temnoceras) from Cerro de las Mitras, municipality of Monterrey, Nuevo Leï¿½n.
- NUEVA ESPECIE GIPSÃCOLA DE PINGUICULA (LENTIBULARIACEAE) DEL ESTADO DE OAXACA, MÃ‰XICO. Zamudio Ruiz, Sergio; Studnicka, Miloslav // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2000, Issue 53, p67
Pinguicula medusina, inhabitant of gypsum hills near Santiago Juxtlahuaca, Oaxaca, is described as a new species. Because of its subisolobe corolla with cylindrical tube and short spur, it is placed in the subgenus Isoloba, section Heterophyllum. This new taxon is closely related to P....
- SOME OBSERVATIONS ON PINGUICULA BALCANICA CASPER AND P. HIRTIFLORA TEN. (LENTIBULARIACEAE) FROM BALKANS. Peruzzi, Lorenzo // Carnivorous Plant Newsletter;Dec2007, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p100
The article discusses the characteristics of plant species Pinguicula balcanica and Pinguicula hirtiflora found in Bulgaria and Greece, respectively. The P. Balcanica is characterized by temperate growth-type, blue flowers with white dots on the lower lip and opened corollas. The species are...
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE THOMPSONELLA (CRASSULACEAE) DEL ESTADO DE GUERRERO, MEXICO. Diaz, Martha Gual; Gomez, Susana Peralta; Perez-Calix, Emmanuel // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1997, Issue 40, p37
Thompsonella xochipalensis is described, illustrated and proposed as a new species, based on plants collected in the region of Xochipala, Guerrero. The new species differs from previously known species in having a caudex 8 to 22 cm long and 4.5 to 5 mm thick, and ensiform rosette leaves 1.5 to...