DOS ESPECIES NUEVAS DE BURSERA (BURSERACEAE) DEL ESTADO DE OAXACA (Mï¿½XICO)
- Venation patterns of Bursera species Jacq. ex L. (Burseraceae) and systematic significance. Andrés-Hernández, A.; Espinosa, David; Fraile-Ortega, M.; Terrazas, Teresa // Plant Systematics & Evolution;Nov2012, Vol. 298 Issue 9, p1723
The taxonomy of the genus Bursera has been traditionally supported by morphological characters such as fruit form, bark and leaves. Nonetheless, leaf architecture, another important source of phylogenetic information, has not been well studied in this group. For this purpose, venation patterns...
- UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DE BURSERA (BURSERACEAE) DEL ESTADO DE GUERRERO, Mï¿½XICO. Jim�nez Ram�rez, Jaime; Cruz Dur�n, Ramiro // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2001, Issue 55, p7
Bursera martae is described as a new species. It inhabits the middle region of the Balsas depression in the state of Guerrero, Mexico. It is closely related to B. crenata P. G. Wilson and B. rzedowskii Toledo. A dichotomous key to distinguish all related taxa to this new one is provided.
- TRES ESPECIES NUEVAS DE BURSERA (BURSERACEAE) DE LA REGIÃ“N COSTERA DEL OCCIDENTE DE MÃ‰XICO. Rzedowski, Jerzy; Calderón De Rzedowski, Graciela // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2000, Issue 50, p47
Bursera palaciosii, B. ribana and B. vazquezyanesii are described as new species and illustrated. All seem to be restricted to the littoral belt of the Mexican state of Jalisco and some adjacent areas. The first one is probably related to B. staphyleoides McVaugh & Rzed., the second one to B....
- Rapid and recent origin of species richness in the Cape flora of South Africa. Richardson, James E.; Weitz, Frans M.; Fay, Michael F.; Cronk, Quentin C.B.; Linder, H. Peter; Reeves, G.; Chase, Mark W. // Nature;7/12/2001, Vol. 412 Issue 6843, p181
Discusses a study which showed speciation in a species-rich genus characteristics of the Cape flora using molecular phylogenetics and precise dating of two island species within the same clade as the continental taxa in South Africa. Aridification in the Cape region; How the study was conducted.
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE GIPSOFILA DE SISYRINCHIUM (IRIDACEAE: SISYRINCHIEAE) DE MEXICO. Espejo Serna, Adolfo; Lopez-Ferrari, Ana Rosa; Ceja Romero, Jacqueline // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1998, Issue 45, p43
A new gypsophilous species of Sisyrinchium from the municipio of Villa Juï¿½rez in the state of San Luis Potosï¿½, Mï¿½xico is described and illustrated. S. zamudioi Espejo, Lï¿½pez Ferrari & Ceja is recognized by its glaucous, slender, wiry stems ash-grey when dried and by its...
- TROPHIS NORAMINERVAE (MORACEAE), UNA NUEVA ESPECIE PARA LA SIERRA DE MANANTLAN, JALISCO, MEXICO. Cuevas Guzman, Ramon; Carvajal Hernandez, Servando // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1999, Issue 47, p1
A new species of Trophis, T. noraminervae Cuevas & Carvajal from the Sierra de Manantlï¿½n, Jalisco, Mexico, is described, illustrated and compared to its closest presumed relatives, T. mexicana (Liebm.) Bur. and T. racemosa (L.) Urban subsp. ramon (Schlecht. & Cham.) W. Burger
- UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DE BURSERA (BURSERACEAE) DEL OCCIDENTE DE MEXICO. Cuevas, Ramon G.; Rzedowski, Jerzy // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1999, Issue 46, p77
Bursera macvaughiana sp. nov., a plant known from the southern part of the state of Jalisco and adjacent areas of the state of Colima, is described and illustrated. The species belongs to the section Bullockia and seems to be related to B. glabrifolia (H.B.K.) Engl., but differs in its leaves...
- DOS NUEVOS TAXA DE BURSERA (BURSERACEAE) DE BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR, Mï¿½XICO. de la Luz, Jos� Luis Le�n; P�rez-Navarro, Jos� Juan // Acta Botanica Mexicana;abr2010, Issue 91, p37
We describe and illustrate two new taxa of Bursera from the Cape Region in the southern sector of the Baja California Peninsula, Mexico. One is named B. littoralis and the other B. rupicola. The former is morphologically related to B. filicifolia and B. laxiflora of the southern peninsula and...
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE THOMPSONELLA (CRASSULACEAE) DEL ESTADO DE GUERRERO, MEXICO. Diaz, Martha Gual; Gomez, Susana Peralta; Perez-Calix, Emmanuel // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1997, Issue 40, p37
Thompsonella xochipalensis is described, illustrated and proposed as a new species, based on plants collected in the region of Xochipala, Guerrero. The new species differs from previously known species in having a caudex 8 to 22 cm long and 4.5 to 5 mm thick, and ensiform rosette leaves 1.5 to...