DIVERSIDAD E IMPORTANCIA DE LA FAMILIA CUCURBITACEAE EN MEXICO
- NUEVOS REGISTROS DE CUCURBITACEAE PARA VARIAS REGIONES DE MEXICO. Saade, Rafael Lira // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1997, Issue 41, p17
In this paper, four species of Cucurbitaceae are reported for the first time for several states of Mexico: Cayaponia longiloba Monro (Tabasco and Veracruz), Chalema synanthera Dieterle (Sinaloa), Peponopsis adhaerens Naudin (QuerÃ©taro) and Schizocarpum palmeri Cogn. & Rose (Veracruz). The...
- CONTRIBUCION AL CONOCIMIENTO DE LOS NUMEROS CROMOSOMICOS DE LOS GENEROS SECHIUM P. BR. Y SICANA NAUDIN (CUCURBITACEAE). Mercado, Pedro; Lira, Rafael // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1994, Issue 27, p7
The results of karyological studies of cultivated Sicana odorifera (Vell.) Naudin, and five wild taxa of Sechium [S. compositum (J. D. Smith) C. Jeffrey, S. hintonii (P. G. Wilson) C. Jeffrey, wild plants of S. edule (Jacq.) Swartz (Section Sechium), S. venosum (L. D. GÃ³mez) Lira & Chiang and...
- Cucurbitaceae. Newton, L. E. // Illustrated Handbook of Succulent Plants: Dicotyledons;2004, p73
The article provides information on cucurbitaceae. The characteristics, growth and composition of this succulent plant are described. It enumerates the species of the plant, as well as its genera. Moreover, its distribution and cultivation are mentioned.
- cucurbits:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p457
The article presents an encyclopedia entry for cucurbits or Cucumis, a member of Cucurbitaceae.
- CRITERIOS DE SELECCIÃ“N EN LOS PROCESOS DE MANIPULACIÃ“N VEGETAL: EL APORTE DE LA ETNOBOTÃNICA A LA INTERPRETACIÃ“N DE RESTOS ARQUEOBO-TÃNICOS DE CUCURBITA SP. Lema, Verónica S. // Darwiniana;jul2009, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p35
In this paper, an ethnobotanical-ethnoarchaeological study of different local landraces of Cucurbitamaxima subsp. maxima, Cucurbitaceae, was carried on. The aim was to evaluate if different qualitative and quantitative seed characters of these local landraces, as well as those which came from...
- Comparative leaf anatomy of the genus Hordeum L. (Poaceae). MAVİ, D. Özlem; DOĞAN, Musa; CABİ, Evren // Turkish Journal of Botany;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p357
The genus Hordeum L., one of the most economically important cereal crops in the tribe Triticeae, has a worldwide distribution mainly in temperate and dry regions of the world. In Turkey, Hordeum is represented by 12 taxa, namely Hordeum violaceum Boiss. & Hohen., H. geniculatum All., H. marinum...
- CUATRO NUEVOS REGISTROS Y UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE CUCURBITACEAE PARA LA FLORA DE OAXACA. Lira Saade, Rafael; Torres Colin, Rafael // Acta Botanica Mexicana;dic1991, Issue 16, p95
Four species of Cucurbitaceae [Tecunumania quetzalteca Standley & Steyermark, Cionosicyos macranthus (Pittier) C. Jeffrey, Peponopsis adhaerens Naudin and Chalema synanthera Dieterle] are reported for the first time for the flora of Oaxaca (the latter also for Guerrero) and a new species of...
- Rapid and recent origin of species richness in the Cape flora of South Africa. Richardson, James E.; Weitz, Frans M.; Fay, Michael F.; Cronk, Quentin C.B.; Linder, H. Peter; Reeves, G.; Chase, Mark W. // Nature;7/12/2001, Vol. 412 Issue 6843, p181
Discusses a study which showed speciation in a species-rich genus characteristics of the Cape flora using molecular phylogenetics and precise dating of two island species within the same clade as the continental taxa in South Africa. Aridification in the Cape region; How the study was conducted.
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE THOMPSONELLA (CRASSULACEAE) DEL ESTADO DE GUERRERO, MEXICO. Diaz, Martha Gual; Gomez, Susana Peralta; Perez-Calix, Emmanuel // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1997, Issue 40, p37
Thompsonella xochipalensis is described, illustrated and proposed as a new species, based on plants collected in the region of Xochipala, Guerrero. The new species differs from previously known species in having a caudex 8 to 22 cm long and 4.5 to 5 mm thick, and ensiform rosette leaves 1.5 to...