XYLARIACEAE FIMICOLAS: XYLARIA EQUINA SP. NOV. Y NUEVOS REGISTROS MEXICANOS DE XYLARIA PILEIFORMIS Y PORONIA ERICI
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE YUCCA (AGAVACEAE) DE OAXACA Y PUEBLA, MEXICO. Garcia-Mendoza, Abisai // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1998, Issue 42, p1
Yucca mixtecana sp. nov. is described from near the border between the Mexican states of Oaxaca and Puebla. The species is a member of section Sarcocarpa Engelm., series Treculeanae McKelvey. It is similar to Y. periculosa Baker and Y. jaliscensis Trel.
- Studies on Orthophytum - Part III: Three New Long-Scapose Species. Leme, Elton M. C.; De Paula, Claudio Coelho // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p156
The article describes three species in the subcomplex disjunctum in the genus Orthophytum. The plants in the subcomplex disjunctum are characterized. The cultivation and distribution of Orthophytum riocontense are discussed. The description and distribution of Orthophytum rubiginosum. The...
- Recognition of Ponthieva micromystax and a new Ocampoa species (Orchidaceae). Kolanowska, Marta; Szlachetko, Dariusz L. // Annales Botanici Fennici;Dec2013, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p393
A taxonomic validation of Ponthieva micromystax Kraenzl. ex Szlach. & Kolan. is presented together with the description of the second species of Ocampoa, O. kraenzliana Szlach. & Kolan. Specimens of both novelties were found in the Colombian collection of Lehmann and both were labeled by...
- Sobralia quadricolor (Orchidaceae), a new species from Costa Rica. Szlachetko, Dariusz L.; Kolanowska, Marta; Baranow, Przemysław // Annales Botanici Fennici;Dec2013, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p405
Sobralia quadricolor Endres & Rchb. f. ex Szlach., Kolan. & Baranow sp. nova (Orchidaceae) is described and illustrated. It was discovered by A. R. EndrÃ©s and H. G. Reichenbach, but they did not publish the description but just attached a note and illustration to the type specimen. Based on...
- Rapid and recent origin of species richness in the Cape flora of South Africa. Richardson, James E.; Weitz, Frans M.; Fay, Michael F.; Cronk, Quentin C.B.; Linder, H. Peter; Reeves, G.; Chase, Mark W. // Nature;7/12/2001, Vol. 412 Issue 6843, p181
Discusses a study which showed speciation in a species-rich genus characteristics of the Cape flora using molecular phylogenetics and precise dating of two island species within the same clade as the continental taxa in South Africa. Aridification in the Cape region; How the study was conducted.
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE THOMPSONELLA (CRASSULACEAE) DEL ESTADO DE GUERRERO, MEXICO. Diaz, Martha Gual; Gomez, Susana Peralta; Perez-Calix, Emmanuel // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1997, Issue 40, p37
Thompsonella xochipalensis is described, illustrated and proposed as a new species, based on plants collected in the region of Xochipala, Guerrero. The new species differs from previously known species in having a caudex 8 to 22 cm long and 4.5 to 5 mm thick, and ensiform rosette leaves 1.5 to...
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE GIPSOFILA DE SISYRINCHIUM (IRIDACEAE: SISYRINCHIEAE) DE MEXICO. Espejo Serna, Adolfo; Lopez-Ferrari, Ana Rosa; Ceja Romero, Jacqueline // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1998, Issue 45, p43
A new gypsophilous species of Sisyrinchium from the municipio of Villa Juï¿½rez in the state of San Luis Potosï¿½, Mï¿½xico is described and illustrated. S. zamudioi Espejo, Lï¿½pez Ferrari & Ceja is recognized by its glaucous, slender, wiry stems ash-grey when dried and by its...
- TROPHIS NORAMINERVAE (MORACEAE), UNA NUEVA ESPECIE PARA LA SIERRA DE MANANTLAN, JALISCO, MEXICO. Cuevas Guzman, Ramon; Carvajal Hernandez, Servando // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1999, Issue 47, p1
A new species of Trophis, T. noraminervae Cuevas & Carvajal from the Sierra de Manantlï¿½n, Jalisco, Mexico, is described, illustrated and compared to its closest presumed relatives, T. mexicana (Liebm.) Bur. and T. racemosa (L.) Urban subsp. ramon (Schlecht. & Cham.) W. Burger
- PINGUICULA CONZATTII (LENTIBULARIACEAE), UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DEL ESTADO DE OAXACA, Mï¿½XICO. Zamudio, Sergio; Van Marm, Johan // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2003, Issue 62, p15
Pinguicula conzattii is described as a new species to science, collected between Santo Tomas Ocotepec and Santiago Nuyoo, district of Tlaxiaco, Oaxaca. Plants of this species are cultivated in Europe under the name of Pinguicula "Santiago Nuyoo Pass". This taxon belongs to section Heterophyllum,...