- With Growth Elusive, Publishers Focus On Cutting Costs. // Book Publishing Report;4/14/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p1
Focuses on the decline in the trade book sales of Barnes & Nobel Inc. in the U.S. Reduction in the revenue of consumer publishers in the fiscal year 2002; Estimation of the profitability of publishers; Comparison of the operating profit of publishers between 2002 and 2003.
- B&N Looking for More Growth in Fiscal 2001. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/29/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 22, p16
Reports on the earnings of Barnes & Noble Inc. for the fiscal year ended January 29, 2000. Percentage of gain in bookstore revenues; Total operating income; Allocation for capital expenditures in 2000; Rate of increase in total company sales.
- Sterling Adds to B&N Sales. // Publishers Weekly;5/3/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the increase in revenue of Barnes & Noble in 2003 due to the addition of sales from Sterling Publishing. Percentage of increase in revenue; Number of backlist titles from Sterling.
- Sluggish Sales at Barnes & Noble.com. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 44, p14
Reports on the decline in sales of Barnes & Noble for the third quarter of 2003. Net loss posted by the publisher; Expected sales for the fourth quarter.
- Google Q1 profits up 31%: UK revenue 15% of total. // Media Week;4/22/2008, Issue 1159, p16
The article reports on an increase in profit posted by Google in the first quarter of 2008. It states that the search engine's net profits rose by 31% to $1.31 billion and its revenues in Great Britain accounted for 15% of its total net income. According to the article, turnover for the region...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/28/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p6
Presents updates on the earnings of publishing companies as of May 28, 2001. Books-a-Million Inc.'s net sales for the first quarter; Thomas Nelson Inc.'s earnings for the fourth quarter ended March 31; Barnes & Noble Inc.'s losses for the quarter ended May 5.
- Barnes & Noble Reports Strong Holiday Sales. // Book Publishing Report;1/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the profits and earnings of Barnes & Noble Inc.'s bookstores during the 2003 holiday season.
- Book Sales Increase At Big Three Chains, Despite Lack of "Potter Effect" // Book Publishing Report;8/30/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the growth of second quarter revenues of Barnes & Noble Inc., Borders Group Inc., and Books-A-Million Inc. as of August 30, 2004 despite lack of "Potter Effect" in the U.S. Comments of executives of the three companies regarding their positive sales growth; Emergence of the Bill...
- B&N, Bam Report Improved Second-Quarter Sales. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/27/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 35, p9
Reports on the sales generated by publishing companies, Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million (BAM), for the second quarter of 2001. Growth of sales at Barnes' bookstore group; Increase in revenues at Barnes' superstores; Revenues gained by BAM in the quarter.