Oprah, Movie Tie-In Volatility Hits Houghton Mifflin in 2005
- Houghton Sales Decline 6.2% In K-12; Dip 3.2% In College Market. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the decline of K-12 sales of Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Co. in the second quarter of 2004 in the U.S. Factors that contributed to the revenue decline; Increase of college revenue; Plan of the company to improve its K-12 sales performance.
- Houghton Mifflin Sales on Track. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/24/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 47, p9
Discusses the financial results of book publisher Houghton Mifflin (HM) in the third quarter ended September 30, 2003. Revenue and net income for the quarter; Amount of sales in the quarter; Salary to be received by Tony Lucki who was appointed as CEO of HM.
- Sales Up 8% at HM, Income Dips. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 6, p96
Reports on the earnings posted by Houghton Mifflin for 1998. Revenues and operating income of the company; Publishing groups which posted gains in the year; Sales of other segment of Houghton Mifflin.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p6
Reports that Boston, Massachusetts-based publisher Houghton Mifflin's third-quarter results will fall short of expectations. Net sales of the firm for the third-quarter; Reasons for the lower than anticipated sales; Expected net sales for the fourth quarter.
- Profits Soar At Houghton. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 32, p16
Reports on the increase in the 2000 second-quarter revenue of Houghton Miflin due to an increase in sales of its elhi publishing segment. Amount of the income increase; Segments that led the sales increases.
- Houghton Mifflin's Trade and Reference Division Posts Decline. // Book Publishing Report;3/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p4
Reports that Boston, Massachusetts-based educational publisher Houghton Mifflin posted a 13.4% decline in its 2003 trade and reference publishing revenues versus 2002. Factors behind the decline in revenues; Growth targets and strategies; Implications on book publishing.
- Sales Up, Earnings Down at HM. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/29/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the financial performance of publisher Houghton Mifflin in the third quarter ended September 30, 2004. Revenue earned by the company; Decline in sales; Losses incurred.
- HM Completes Disappointing year. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the profit and sales of Houghton Mifflin in 2000. Increase in total sales of the company in 2000; Net income between 1999 and 2000; Performance of the company's college division; Prospects for 2001.
- Houghton Mifflin K-12 Revenue Increases 8.9% In 2005; College Revenue Grows 3.4%. // Educational Marketer;3/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the increase in revenue of the K-12 Publishing and College Publishing divisions of Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Co. during the year 2005. The company reported a revenue increase of 8.9 percent from K-12 Publishing and 3.4 percent from college publishing....