Alyson Books Looks to Channel Expansion with PlanetOut Parent
- Don Weise. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;10/26/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 43, p20
This article features Don Weise, publisher of Alyson Books. He used to work as senior editor at Carroll & Graf from 2003 to 2007. The breadth and quality of titles are one of the biggest changes at the new Alyson Books, Weise says. He cites the drawbacks associated with his new position. He...
- Around the Booths. Tardiff, Jill A.; Niernberger, John; Patrick, Diane // Publishers Weekly;4/26/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 17, p38
The article offers information on the publishers that will feature their books at the 2010 BookExpo America. They include Above the Treeline, Abbeville Press Publishing Group, ACC Distribution, Alyson Books and Adventures Limited Press. The books that will feature at the BookExpo are cited,...
- NEW YORK: PlanetOut shares fall to record low. // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/24/2008, Issue 1048, p22
The article reports that the shares of PlanetOut Inc. decrease to an all-time low on January 22, 2008 after the company decides to sell itself.
- Alyson Books stops publishing books. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;10/14/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p18
The article offers information about gay publishing company, Alyson Books which has stopped publishing books to rework itself into an electronic-book publisher.
- PlanetOut plans Web overhaul, women's site. Bajko, Matthew S. // Bay Area Reporter;8/9/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p15
The article reports on the plan of PlanetOut Inc., a GLBT media company based in San Francisco, California, to revamp its two Web portals and launch a women-focused site. According to the article, the company has neglected its Web sites, Gay.com and PlanetOut.com while it focused on buying media...
- Book Retail Superstores Ready to Face Mass Merchandisers During Holidays. // Book Publishing Report;11/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p1
Discusses global issues concerning book retail superstores in the book industry. Widely marketed titles frequently sold by huge general retailers at lower prices; Effort designed to convince book buyers to shop at their stores; Reasons why booksellers have decided to do business even on holidays.
- Maybe they wrote Shrill & Crier... // Quill & Quire;May99, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p41
Presents bizarre and baffling stories on the book industry and trade in Canada. Reason of the change of business plans of online bookstore Amazon.com; Expectations of B&N.com to raise its capital on the partnership with Furby manufacturers Tiger Electronics; Scrutiny on the list of favorite...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;5/13/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p8
Reports international developments in the book industries as of May 2002. Debate over the Kid's Fresh Talent books campaign launched by W.H. Smith; Negotiation of Smith with six publishers; Business plans of Waterstone.
- 2001: What odyssey? Anderson, Scott; Crawley, Devin; Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;
Forecasts the status of the Canadian book trade in the year 2001. Concern on the expansion plans of Indigo; Competition among websites over the holiday buying season; Efforts of book companies to diversify.