HCI: Revenue Up; Chicken Soup to Get New Director
- Health Communications Sales Neared $100 Million in '98. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 6, p96
Reports on the sales increase posted by Health Communications Inc. from its soup titles in 1998. Information on the soup title `Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul'; Strategic initiatives planned for 1999; Details on the company's publishing program.
- HCI Makes Distribution Deal with Hazelden. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/2/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 48, p10
Reports on a distribution deal between Health Communications Inc. (HCI) and Hazelden Foundation. Performance of HCI in the book industry; Significance of the deal to HCI; Background of HCI and Hazelden.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;04/24/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p6
Presents news briefs concerning the financial performance of book publishing firms around the world, compiled as of April 24, 2000. Revenue increase posted by IDG Books Worldwide for the second quarter; Increase in Meredith Corp.'s revenues for the third quarter; Increase in the revenues for...
- Chapters posts record earnings. // Quill & Quire;Jul99, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the profits of book distributor Chapters in Canada during the fiscal 1999.
- Book Revenues Grew 3.9% For 20 Largest U.S. Consumer Publishers In 1999. // Book Publishing Report;6/26/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the combined revenues of the top twenty United States book publishers in 1999.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;07/03/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p8
Reports developments in the book industry as of July 2000. Includes growth of the revenues generated by Bertelsmann; Increase of the publishers and children's book sales of Swedish Publisher Association publishers; List of competitors for the WH Smith Thumping Good Read Award 2000.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;07/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p6
Reports on finance-related news items concerning the book publishing industry. Total net sales of book distributor Advanced Marketing Services for the first quarter of fiscal 2000, ended July 1; Revenues generated by Handspring Inc., manufacturer of Visor handheld device; Strong growth in net...
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;08/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p7
Reports on the financial performances of book publishers in the United States, in the second quarter of fiscal 2000, including, Barnes & Noble Inc., Intervisual Books and Books-A-Million.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;09/25/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p6
Reports on the financial performance of book publisher Scholastic Inc. for the first quarter of fiscal 2001, ended August 31, 2000. Increase in total revenues; Sales performance of the Harry Potter books `Goblet of Fire' and `The Chamber of Secrets'; Other properties that contributed to...