Knopf Sees 14% Revenue Growth, 15% Backlist Rise in 05
- people. Reid, Calvin; Patrick, Diane // Publishers Weekly;2001 Fall Announcements Issue, Vol. 248 Issue 33, p158
Presents an update on personnel changes in the United States book industry as of August 13, 2001. Promotion of Patricia Johnson at Knopf; Appointment of Mary Jane Knecht at Copper Canyon Press; Mike Ward's appointment at Lifeline Press.
- New on the shelf. Robinson, Kimberly; Torkells, Erik // Travel & Leisure;Aug98, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p58
Describes the city guide books from Knopf Publishing Group. Best thing about the design of the books; How to order.
- New appointments listed at Knopf. // Publishers Weekly;8/12/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 33, p14
Lists the promotions that have been made at Knopf Publishing Group in the summer of 1996. Naming of Patricia Johnson, as vice president and associate publisher; Janice Goldklang as vice president and publishing director at Pantheon and Schocken Books; Michael Morrison taking Johnson's spot as...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;2/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p5
Reports the retirement of Bill Loverd, senior vice-president of publicity of Knopf Publishing Group. Length of service Loverd in the company; Views of president Sonny Mehta on the performance of Loverd; Work experiences of Loverd at Random House Inc.; Role of Loverd in the establishment of the...
- Chirico Promoted at Knopf. // Publishers Weekly;5/1/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p12
Announces the promotion of Anthony Chirico as executive vice president and chief operating officer at Knopf Publishing Group. Previous position of Chirico at Knopf; Responsibilities of Chirico at his new post; Comments from Knopf president, Sonny Mehta.
- TAKES. Hellman, Geoffrey T. // New Yorker;04/17/2000, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p93
Focuses on a publisher named Knopf whose wife is crazy about borzoi dogs. Impact of Knopf's wife on his publishing business; Reasons Knopf's wife grew to despise borzoi dogs; Role of Hergesheimer, author of `The Three Black Pennys' and `Java Head' in the second pet chosen by Knopf's wife.
- Clinton Deal with Knopf Invites Speculation. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2001 Fall Announcements Issue, Vol. 248 Issue 33, p154
Reports that Bill Clinton, former United States president has signed a deal with Knopf Publishing Group to publish his memoirs. Speculation surrounding the price involved in the deal; Issues Clinton will discuss in his memoirs; Reaction of publishing houses on the deal.
- Dalllanegra-Sanger rises at Knopf. // Publishers Weekly;2/23/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 8, p12
Notes that Joy Dallanegra-Sanger has been promoted to the position of director of marketing for the Knopf Publishing Group. Her career at Knopf; Other promotions at Knopf.
- Asher, Messitte To Head Vintage Anchor Unit. // Publishers Weekly;8/23/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 34, p18
Reports on the appointment of Martin Asher and Anne Messitte as head of the Vintage Anchor trade paperback publishing division within the Knopf Group. Previous employment of Asher and Messitte.