LBO Shops Head South
- Symantec's Veritas Lines Up Financing for Carlyle Buyout. Fest, Glen // High Yield Report;8/11/2015, p4
The article discusses the acquisition by Carlyle Group, the GIC sovereign wealth fund and other investment partners of the Veritas data storage and information management business of software security firm Symantec Corp. It takes note of the participation of Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Morgan...
- Carlyle moves on Latin, Russia effort in big global play. Kosman, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/01/98, Vol. 64 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the plans of the Carlye Group, a United States buyout firm, to invest in buyout funds in Europe, Russia, Asia and Latin America. Comments made by Jim Griffin, the vice president of the company; Amount of money which will be allocated to funds in Asia and Russia; Investment procedure...
- Loans 2011: Maintaining Momentum. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;1/3/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p39
The article examines the surge of activity in the leveraged loan market in 2011 and whether this trend will continue in 2011. According to Barclays and Morgan Stanley analysts, U.S. leveraged loans returns could reach as high as 7% while Credit Suisse analysts expect it to reach as high as 8%,...
- Carlyle Forms China Fund For Larger Deals. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/15/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the launch of Carlyle Group LLC's private-equity fund in Beijing, China.
- Carlyle splashes over Â£750m in pair of deals. Phillips, Mike // Estates Gazette;10/2/2010, Issue 1039, p51
This article reports on the completion of two deals by private equity firm Carlyle as it continued a spending spree of equity from its third European property fund.
- Untitled. Sidders, Jack // Estates Gazette;4/5/2014, Issue 1414, p03
The article reports the talks being conducted by private equity firm Blackstone as of early April 2014 to acquire Alban Gate at 125 London Wall, EC2, from the Carlyle Group for about 300 million pounds.
- Morrisons silent on family buyout reports. // Food Manufacture;Mar2014, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the decision of food retailer Morrisons to refuse to comment on reports that the founding family is considering taking the firm private as it had approached private equity groups Carlyle Group and CVC to gauge interest in funding buyout.
- COMMENT: LEVERAGED BUYOUT FUNDS AS A POINT OF COMPARISON. Nestor, John G. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Spring2001, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p437
Focuses on the leveraged buyout funds in private equity. Accounts on the decrease of the stock market; Inclusion of the intricacies of public companies in converting into private institution; Importance of international law in structuring and tax planning.
- COMMENT: THE DEVELOPMENT OF 'PIPES' IN TODAY'S PRIVATE EQUITY MARKET. Majoros Jr., George L. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Spring2001, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p493
Reports the development of private investments in public equity. Ways of expanding private equity capital; Relationship between leveraged buyouts practice and right venture capital; Visibility of the company earnings.