Cashing Out of Wireless Towers
- PE May Cash Out Of Wireless Towers. // Bank Loan Report;3/27/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the increased valuations of wireless tower sector. Most public tower companies are currently trading at over 20 times cash flow, an increase of about 11 times in 2003 and 17 times during the past nine months. This trend caused the exiting of private equity funds in the...
- Centennial sells 186 towers to AAT. // RCR Wireless News;2/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the wireless communication towers sold by Centennial Communications Corp. to AAT Communications Corp. Estimated value of the towers; Terms under the deal.
- Metricom to the Rescue. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;10/15/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p42
Deals with the efforts of Metricom to find a buyer after it filed for bankruptcy protection in New York City. Purpose of the proposal for Metricom to restart its operations; Option to use the Cellular Digital Packet Data networks operated by AT&T Wireless and Verizon Wireless; Advantage of the...
- BellSouth completes first stage of Latin American
sale to Telefonica. // RCR Wireless News;10/18/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p33
Reports on the completion of the sale of the ownership interests of BellSouth Corp. in several Latin American wireless operations to Telefonica Moviles in October 2004. Reason behind the sale; Terms of the deal; Outlook for the approval of the pending acquisition of AT&T Wireless Services by...
- Phone deal's reception in valley unclear. Mylchreest, Ian // Las Vegas Business Press;2/23/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the uncertain outcome of Cingular Wireless LLC's purchase of AT&T Wireless Services. Value of the final offer made by Cingular; Comparison with the bids made by Cingular's competitors.
- Tower players to suffer only in short-term. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;1/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1
Reports that the sale of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. (AWS) is unlikely to have a long-term negative effect on the tower industry, according to tower companies and analysts. 2004 tower-build expectations released by AWS and Cingular Wireless LLC; Near-term effect on tower firms' revenues;...
- Cingular Heads North. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p26
Reports that the business unit of Cingular Wireless Inc. introduced a Canadian roaming service in major metropolitan areas.
- Cingular Starts Testing GAIT. // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p5
Reports that Cingular Wireless has started field tests on interoperability standards allowing its subscribers to use both its global satellite for mobile communications and time division multiple access networks. Cingular's plan for the technology called, GAIT; Company that is providing the...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p16
Presents news in telecommunication business as of April 2002. Teen driving safety and courtesy program launched by Cingular Wireless; Rural Wireless Telecommunications Consumer Enhancement Act of 2002 introduced by Representative Barbara Cubin, R-Wyo.; Operators of a common wireless carrier...