Adidas gets the competitive edge
- ADIDAS SHOPS AROUND. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/17/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 12, p12
Cites the search for labels to acquire by sportswear firm Adidas-Salomon AG.
- Adidas '99 earnings increase 11%. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/8/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 26, p15
Reports on the rise in the 1999 earnings of German sportswear manufacturer Adidas-Salomon AG. Operating profit for the year; Order backlog growth percentage achieved by the company during the given time period.
- Adidas Maps Out Its Internet Game Plan. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/4/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 87, p8
Examines the electronic commerce efforts of footwear and apparel company Adidas-Salomon AG. Preliminary agreement with SportsLine.com and Sports.com for global marketing deals.
- Adidas to focus on brand strength. Day, Julia // Marketing Week;12/10/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p21
Looks at the problem faced by the sportswear company Adidas regarding brand strategy. Information on the company's former advertising head Andy Towne; Company's brand managers; Sports sponsorship of Adidas.
- Wear-testing 101. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/16/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 116, p9
Describes how United States sports apparel manufacturer Adidas evaluates its products. Invitation of journalists at a Women's Quest fitness camp in Colorado; Women triathletes' introduction of participants into a crash course in gyrotonics; Mountain biking; Practicing of color and chakra...
- Adidas Slows pace in 4th Quarter. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/30/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 19, p13
Reports on the decline in the earnings of the sportswear firm Adidas-Salomon AG in Berlin, Germany. Decrease in the sales of the company; Performance of the product mix of the firm; Increase in the net income of the firm.
- Activewear makers toss new pitches. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/22/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 77, p11
Focuses on the marketing approaches of several sport clothes manufacturers in the United States. Adidas Corp.'s plans to sign a sponsorship deal with British singer Billie Piper; Reebok International Ltd.'s plans to sign endorsement deals with hip-hop artists and musicians; Importance of...
- Active Fashion: The New Beat Is From the Street. Gellers, Stan // DNR: Daily News Record;9/21/98, Vol. 28 Issue 112, p8
The article reports on the fast-changing mass market activewear scene which will be played by snappy chain-stitch knit tops and bottoms in high-visibility colors making activewear synonymous with streetwear in the U.S. According to Al DiLauro, merchandise manager of Hampton Activewear, they are...
- Adidas to set up own marketing network. // Colourage;Jul98, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p77
Global sport apparel and footwear company, Adidas Salomon AG plan to set up its own marketing network to gain market share over the competition in India. With the opening of a number of showrooms across the country, Adidas has started the process with focus on cities such as Hyderabad, Cochin...