Mind over management
- Distance Coaching. Feldman, Daniel A. // T+D;Sep2002, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p54
Presents several tips for becoming an effective coach. Ability to deliberate and prepared a clear goals and takes the time to plan; Ways of making the coaching process mutual; Use of positive reinforcement and encouraging growth over the long haul.
- INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT PROCESS. Dornan, J.M. // Training & Development Journal;Aug72, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p28
Deals with the process of individual development that can make managers more effective in dealing with leadership concerns. Critical requirements for individual development; Competency areas for managers.
- The Development Partnership: Managing Skills for the Future. Sutton, Edward E.; McQuigg-Martinetz, Beverly // Training & Development Journal;Apr90, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p63
Shows how a large company helped managers take charge of personal development. Annual development cycle; Managerial accountability; Personal skills proficiency.
- TRAINING: Key learnings. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);2/24/2011, p30
The article discusses the importance of business coaching in personnel development.
- Improving Your Personal Effectiveness as A Change Agent. Scharf, Alan // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct87, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p17
Provides insights in improving personal effectiveness as a change agent. Types of opportunities and its significance to the improvement process; Strategies for approaching problem and opportunity; Essence of team work in personal development.
- How I made a difference...leadership development. // Personnel Today;7/21/2009, p6
The article discusses ways to develop leadership qualities in senior people in an organization. 14 leadership behaviours have been identified and a partnership with "The Centre for High Performance Development," was established to develop a programme for leadership effectiveness. The programme...
- Three Magic Words. Fisher Jr., James R. // Personal Excellence Essentials;Oct2004, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p11
Focuses on the author's point of view on how to develop professional growth to business executives. Importance of deliberating one's strengths and weaknesses; Problem of failing to understand one's failure; Significance of working within one's limits of talents and knowledge.
- Being Established in the Industry: How to Know When to Reinvent Yourself. // Special Events;May/Jun2014, Vol. 33 Issue 3, pA
The article discusses maintaining business relevance to the current times. Topics covered include three things to look at in order to continue to be relevant, the importance of delegation and personal development in balancing work and personal life, and remaining profitable despite the economic...
- Motivation for Change. Lawrence, Thomas H. // Training & Development Journal;Aug66, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p26
Asserts that a manager must evaluate himself in each of five demands. Emotional maturity and stamina; Ability to make decisions; Need to have patience; Creation of an environment where people communicate; Ability to sustain one's self on less praise.