Chinese economic performance: Where's the productivity?
- Calendar of events. // OECD Economic Surveys: Norway;Sep2002, p149
Presents a chronology of events related to the Norwegian economy from January 2001 to July 2002. Increase in the general value-added tax rate in January 2001; Decision of the government to present guidelines for fiscal and monetary policy in March 2001; Abolishment of the airline passenger tax...
- Doom of Immigration Reform? Boehner Won't Back Bill Without Majority GOP Support. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;6/17/2013, p3
The article reports that U.S. House Speaker John Boehner has decided that he will not bring a comprehensive immigration-reform if a majority of Republicans don't support it. Boehner said that the fiscal cliff is much more important, and he supported a bill that protected most Americans from a...
- Why Hong Kong Won't Get Argentine Flu. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Aug2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p6
Reports on flexible economic conditions of Hong Kong, China which has caused it to avoid any financial contagion from Argentina. Cause of the flexibility in the country; Impact of pricing strategies of the country's economy; Difference between fiscal policies of Hong Kong and Argentina.
- ROMANIAN TAXPAYERS' INCLINATION TO TAX CHEATING. Liliana, BUNESCU; Carmen, COMANICIU // Studies in Business & Economics;Apr2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p19
Any taxpayer lives with the feeling of being stolen when it finds that tax revenues are not used effectively and corruption is prevalent everywhere. Tax psychology appears often as an explanation of tax payers' behavior in relation to taxation. This paper aims to underline the disparity between...
- Evaluarea gradului de contestare a normelor fiscale prin prisma principiului certitudinii impunerii. ŞAGUNA, Dan Drosu; BÎGIOI, Adrian Doru // Audit Financiar;Apr2014, Vol. 12 Issue 112, p40
Frequent changes in national legislation and a vague definition of terms in the tax rules, may lead to their different interpretation by the taxpayers and by the tax authorities. Taxpayers tend to interpret rules in ways that lead to payment of low fees and tax authorities having the purpose to...
- Nexus Issues for Pass-Through Entities. Michaelson, John O. // Journal of State Taxation;Spring2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p54
Analyzes the legislation relevant for nexus issues and pass-through entities in taxation cases. Due process clause that prohibits a state from imposing its laws; Authorization for Congress to regulate, control and prohibit state activities under the Commerce clause.
- Tax Reform Impacts on Agricultural Production and Investment Decisions. Hanson, Gregory D.; Bertelsen, Diane R. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec87, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p1013
Discusses the tax reform impacts on agricultural production and investment decisions in the U.S. Key provisions of the Tax Reform Act of 1986; Changes in tax policy; Tax effects on input costs.
- Taxation. // Belize Country Review;2001/2002, p56
Provides information on taxation in Belize. Corporate income tax rate; Withholding tax rate for non-resident corporations; Provisions of the Fiscal Incentives Act; Tax incentives for the country's main export processing zones.
- The Tax Reform Experiment in Transitional Countries. Martinez-Vazquez, Jorge; McNab, Robert M. // National Tax Journal;Jun2000, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p273
Examines and evaluates the tax reform process during the first decade of the transition. Analysis on the tax systems in socialist planned economies; Exploration on the legacy of central planning and its influence on the countries in transition (CIT) tax systems; Description on the structure of...