RSPB is flying high
- Operation Adoption. Khanna, Nandita // Conde Nast Traveler;Dec2006, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p198
The article reports on efforts of several organizations to create a sustainable landscape for endangered prairie species. Under its Million Acre Project, the Great Plains Restoration Council buys grassland from private landowners. Donations for plains conservation and expansion are being...
- TDF upfront in promoting environmental conservation awareness. // Technology Times;11/16/2015, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p4
The article reports that charitable trust The Dawood Foundation and the Education and Literacy Department of the Government of Sindh in Pakistan launched a community project which aimed to instruct understudies on natural conservation.
- It is easy being green. // Ralph;Jan2006, p24
The article offers news briefs on conservation of natural resources and environmental protection as of January 2006. It is believed that eating sharks will help save whales and fish further down the food chain. Hippies can help support efforts to fight pollution and heavy traffic by...
- The Nature Conservancy Turns 40. Lavine, Carolyn S. // Conservationist;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p24
Recounts some of the major triumphs of the Nature Conservancy and its members since its founding in 1951 by a group of scientists and conservationists. Protection of millions of acres throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean; Land management techniques which include...
- (OUTDOOR) SmartWool Advocacy Fund. // Children & Youth Funding Report;9/25/2009, p24
The article reports on the SmartWool Advocacy Fund, the giving arm of the SmartWool, which supports organizations that identify and focus on creating long-term social change by improving their environment and enhancing outdoor youth activity. Grants range from 500 to 5,000 dollars and community...
- Prairie Dreaming. Herring, Hal // Orion Magazine;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p52
This article focuses on the Prairie Project that was launched by the American Prairie Foundation (AFP), a conservation group in Bozeman, Montana. The organization is being headed by Sean Gerrity since 2002. The aim of the project was to create a grassland reserve. A $220 million deduction was...
- THIS LAND IS OUR LAND. Freund, Anthony Barzilay // Town & Country;Mar2005, Vol. 159 Issue 5298, p96
Presents information on the Conservation Fund that protects the environment.
- GREAT 'SCAPES. Garmey, Jane // Town & Country;Jun2007, Vol. 161 Issue 5325, p69
The article provides information on the Cultural Landscape Foundation created by Charles Birnbaum to preserve threatened landscapes and heighten public awareness of their importance and irreplaceable legacy in the U.S.
- SEA OF CHANGE. Greenwald, Jeff // Town & Country;Jun2007, Vol. 161 Issue 5325, p128
The article provides information on the philanthropic programs initiated by California-based Seacology foundation which aimed to help preserve the natural resources and cultures in coastal regions around the world.