- From the Chairman Harry Downes. // Management Services;Mar2003, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p32
Reports on the death of George Kenneth Hotson Younger, a politician in Great Britain. Achievements of Younger; Support of Arthur Hulme for the Institute of Management Services.
- Health Services member awarded BA from the Open University. // Management Services;Mar1980, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p44
David Thorp, formerly the regional organization and methods/work study officer to the Yorkshire Regional Health Authority at Harrogate who retired in December 1975, has just been awarded the Bachelor of Arts Degree from the Open University. David, who lives in Knareshorough, North Yorkshire,...
- REDEVELOPING Professional Development. Powell, Kathy A.; Krzmarzick, Karen // Association Management;Sep2001, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p33
Presents a case study of the development of an updated training product for members of the National Apartment Association (NAA). Background on NAA; Elements of a successful product development process; Factors that made the study valuable to program development. INSET: Making Sponsors Part of...
- Century-Mark Makeover. Grotz, Pamela J. // Association Management;Nov2002, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p62
Focuses on the management strategy for the National Parent Teacher-Association in the U.S. Reduction in the number of board members; Establishment of a representative system from the membership base; Transition of the governance structure.
- Association managers see more business. Klayman, Gary // Orange County Business Journal;11/04/96, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p39
Reports on the increase of business in Orange County, in statements from association management firms. Information on condominium managers in Orange County; Comments from Lisa Ann Dale, president of No. 4 Sebreeze Management Company.
- Association management firms. Klayman, Gary // Orange County Business Journal;11/04/96, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p40
Presents information on association management firms in Orange County.
- Projecting a positive image. Buhler, Patricia // Supervision;Jan95, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p24
Describes organizations as valuing employees who project a positive image. Importance of dressing for success in business; Upright posture as conveying confidence and courage; Smile as an aid in projecting a positive image; Tone of voice, body language and inflection as critical in the...
- Chapter and sections doing it well and doing it right. Kochanowski, Yvonne // PA Times;Oct97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p13
Provides insight on managing professional organizations. Includes networking opportunities; Chapter section leadership refresher; Informative programs; Outreach activities; Concept of membership; Excellence awards; Partnership opportunities; Communication with members.
- How to turn the microphone on your members. Cook, Stephen K. // Public Relations Tactics;Nov94, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the carrying out of an effective membership-base media relations outreach program. Includes the conduct of a survey in order to know what they are willing to do and what their area of interest is; Pre-selling the program to association and industry leaders; Recognition of...