Under pressure to offshore business
- Jobs, Jobs, Jobs. Ferguson, Tim // Forbes Global;3/15/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p7
Comments on offshoring of jobs outside the U.S., as of March 2004. Other countries that are affected by jobs outsourcing; Factors to consider when looking for best jobs and talented workers; List of the largest nations in the world, by population, without a single known private billionaire.
- Maquiladoras are making a comeback in Sonora. Rosenblum, Keith // Inside Tucson Business;9/13/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p4
The article reports on the return of maquiladoras in Sonora, Mexico, wherein it employs an estimated number of workers at about 25,000.
- From The Editor. Narayan, Sanjoy // Business Today;7/15/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including "BPO's Young & Troubled," by Pallavi Srivastava, "Ambani vs. Ambani: The Fight for Gas," by Balaji Chandramouli, and the survey by Krishna Gopalan and Amit Mukherjee.
- Work Experience of the Population in 1963. Saben, Samuel // Monthly Labor Review;Jan65, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p8
Analyzes key findings of a survey of work experiences in the United States in 1963. Percentage of women workers; Trends in the employment of men and women; Unemployment rate; Employment in various industrial sectors.
- Short-Run Maquiladora Employment Dynamics. Fullerton Jr., Thomas M.; Schauer, David A. // International Advances in Economic Research;Nov2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p471
Presents information on a study which analyzed the short-time series characteristics of employment trends in the maquiladoara industry in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Data and methodology; Empirical results; Conclusions.
- The impact of the North American Free Trade Agreement on maquiladora employment. Gruben, William C. // Texas Business Review;Dec98, p1
Discusses the impact of the North American Free Trade Agreement on maquiladora employment in Mexico. Employment growth of the Mexican in-bond plants; Description of the maquiladora system; Hourly compensation for production workers; Maquiladora employment from 1988 to 1997; Growth in number of...
- CARACTERIZACIÃ“N DE LOS TRABAJADORES DE LAS EMPRESAS MAQUILADORA LOCALIZADAS EN TEHUACÃN PUEBLA, MÃ‰XICO. Vera Muñoz, María Antonieta Monserrat; Méndez, Rafaela Martínez; Vera Muñoz, Gerardo Serafín // Revista Internacional AdministraciÃ³n & Finanzas (RIAF);2013, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p95
This paper presents an analysis of the characteristics of workers who serve in the maquiladoras of the garment, located in Tehuacan, Puebla. To which is part of the review of some authors who have conducted studies on the border maquiladoras in northern Mexico. There is an area of opportunity to...
- Maquiladoras Work Around Obstacles and Ramp Up Expansions. Graham, Marty // San Diego Business Journal;6/28/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p18
The article reports on the growth of employment in maquiladoras in Mexico. According to the statistics of the Instituto Nacional de Estadistica y Geografia, their employment numbers are higher in 2007 and about the same in 2009. It notes that in 2007, just 40 of the 630 maquiladoras have sent...
- Pregnancy Discrimination in Mexico: Has Mexico Complied With the North American Agreement on Labor Cooperation? Koerner, Reka S. // Texas Journal on Civil Liberties & Civil Rights;Summer/Fall99, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p235
The article comments on pregnancy discrimination in Mexico. Pregnant women are routinely denied employment in Mexican maquiladoras located along the U.S.-Mexico border. Maquiladoras obtain information on whether female job applicants are pregnant by requiring them to submit to pregnancy tests...