On course for 2006
- Risk Transfer Can Be Profitable. Johnson, R. S. // Risk Management (00355593);Feb87, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p28
The Risk Exchange Association (ERA) is an entity conceived by risk managers, set up to benefit risk managers and operated by risk managers. It is a mechanism that economically transfers parental risks via subsidiary captives to other captives. The REA takes no risks, has no employees, retains...
- HTA fixes rates for next year. // Horticulture Week;12/12/2008, p8
The article reports that Horticultural Trades Association (HTA) is to fix its membership subscription rates for 2009 in recognition of the economic challenges facing the industry in Great Britain. The association will reduce its operating costs to cover the shortfall and also announced that it...
- A Lifelong Commitment. Eisenberg, Barry S. // Association Management;Mar2001, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p71
Considers the lifetime membership option (LMO) as a way to improve member retention in organizations. Definition of lifetime membership; Complexities of the option; Benefits given to members and associations; Risks of LMO. INSET: Building Loyalty for Life.
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;8/7/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p50
Presents updates on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain as of August 2003. Features of the institute's Certificate in the Psychology of Management; Main criterion for the upgrading of CIPD membership; Purpose of a networking event hosted by the CIPD...
- Hawaii in West Virginia: A Bit of Sunshine Inland. Obermeyer, Andrew C. // Contract Management;Jul2005, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p70
Reports on developments of interest to the National Contract Management Association's Northern West Virginia Chapter. Launching of their membership drive for the 2004-2005 program; Members of the 2004-2005 leadership team; Factors contributing to the success of the organization.
- COMPANY LISTINGS. // Association Management;Jul2005 Supplement, p28
Presents a directory of various association management companies in the U.S.
- Milwaukee's Best. // Journal of Property Management;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p57
Focuses on the Milwaukee Chapter No. 13 of the Institute of Real Estate Management in Wisconsin. Benefit of its educational courses for member candidates; Key element to maintaining chapter momentum; Goal of the chapter.
- THE COMMITTEE ON GOVERNANCE CORNER. Parsons, Robert J. // Trustee;Jan2004, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p4
Presents information on the functions of the Committee on Governance (COG) of the American Hospital Association. Responsibilities; Objectives of the COG; Membership of COG.
- Professional touch. Eadon, Tim // Money Marketing;7/19/2007, p44
The author reflects on the role of the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) and the Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) in continuing to provide its membership with clear and consistent leadership in Great Britain. He argues that the core objective of the organization focuses on professionalism....