MOCINNODAPHNE, UN GENERO NUEVO DE LA FAMILIA LAURACEAE EN LA FLORA DE MEXICO
- Chemical Composition of Essential Oils from Aiouea maguireana. Custodio, D.; Barros, I.; Veiga, V. // Chemistry of Natural Compounds;Jul2015, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p780
The article discusses results of a study conducted to know chemical composition of essential oils from Aiouea maguireana. Topics discusses include presence of a total of 50 constituents in the A. maguireana essential oils, information on essential oils of leaves, branches and stem bark of the...
- Taxonomic Status of Cinnamomum alexei (Lauraceae). Kumar, E. S. S.; Jabbar, M. A. // Journal of Scientific Research;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p395
Cinnamomum alexei Kosterm. has been reinstated to its original status as a distinct species from C. verum J.S. Presl, provided with a short taxonomic diagnosis.
- ON CINNAMOMUM (LAURACEAE) IN MEXICO. Lorea Hernandez, Francisco G. // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1997, Issue 40, p1
An overview of the species of Cinnamomum (Lauraceae) in Mexico is presented, and five new species (Cinnamomum bractefoliaceum, C. glossophyllum, C. leptophyllum, C. velveti, and C. zapatae) from this country are described and illustrated; comments on their distribution and possible relationships...
- NUEVAS ESPECIES DE LICARIA, OCOTEA Y PERSEA (LAURACEAE) DE Mï¿½XICO. Lorea-Hern�ndez, Francisco G. // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2005, Issue 71, p61
Eight new species of Lauraceae from Mexico are described and illustrated, namely: Licaria phymatosa, L. quercina, L. siphonantha, Ocotea atacta, O. sarcodes, O. zoque, Persea chrysantha and P. obscura. The three Licaria species belong in the subgenus Licaria; L. phymatosa and L. siphonantha are...
- Distribution Characteristics of the Tree Species in Central Himalaya, India. Kharkwal, Geeta; Rawat, Yaswant Singh; Pangtey, Yaspal Singh // International Journal of Botany;2007, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p226
A total of 257 tree species were recorded and studied for their pattern and altitudinal distribution in Central Himalaya. Relatively higher percentage (65%) of deciduous species was recorded. Distribution of tree species in this region is between <200-4200 m asl. However, maximum (60%) species...
- Phylogeny and biogeography of Sassafras (Lauraceae) disjunct between eastern Asia and eastern North America. Nie, Z.-L.; Wen, J.; Sun, H. // Plant Systematics & Evolution;Sep2007, Vol. 267 Issue 1-4, p191
Sassafras (Lauraceae) consists of three species disjunct between eastern Asia ( S. tzumu and S. randaiense) and eastern North America ( S. albidum). Phylogenetic analysis based on sequences of nuclear ribosomal ITS and three chloroplast non-coding regions ( rpl16, trnL-F, and psbA- trnH) showed...
- Branch xylem density variations across the Amazon Basin. Patiño, S.; Lloyd, J.; Paiva, R.; Baker, T. R.; Quesada, C. A.; Mercado, L. M.; Schmerler, J.; Schwarz, M.; Santos, A. J. B.; Aguilar, A.; Czimczik, C. I.; Gallo, J.; Horna, V.; Hoyos, E. J.; Jimenez, E. M.; Palomino, W.; Peacock, J.; Peña-Cruz, A.; Sarmiento, C.; Sota, A. // Biogeosciences;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p545
Xylem density is a physical property of wood that varies between individuals, species and environments. It reflects the physiological strategies of trees that lead to growth, survival and reproduction. Measurements of branch xylem density, Ïx, were made for 1653 trees representing 598...
- Chemical Composition of Aiouea costaricensis (Lauraceae) Essential Oils from Costa Rica and their Cytotoxic Activity on Cell Lines. // Journal of Essential Oil Research;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p524
No abstract available.
- A new species of Ocotea (Lauraceae) from French Guyana. van der Werff, H. // Blumea;2011, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p214
A new species of Ocotea (Lauraceae) confined to inselbergs in French Guyana is described and illustrated.