NUEVAS COMBINACIONES NOMENCLATURALES PARA COMPUESTAS MEXICANAS
- A revision of the Australian species of Eclipta (Asteraceae: Ecliptinae), with discussion of extra-Australian taxa. Orchard, Anthony E.; Cross, Edward W. // Nuytsia;2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p43
Orchard, A.E. & Cross, E.W. A revision of the Australian species of Eclipta (Asteraceae: Ecliptinae), with discussion of extra-Australian taxa. Nuytsia 23: 43-62 (2013). The genus Eclipta L., of six species, is native to South America and Australia, with one species, E. prostrata (L.) L., a...
- NEW DISTRIBUTION RECORDS OF COMPOSITAE FROM AGUASCALIENTES, MEXICO. Regalado, Gerardo Garcia // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1999, Issue 46, p1
A floristic survey of the family Compositae from Aguascalientes state, Mexico, has been performed. This survey has resulted in new records of 64 genera and 103 species for the state. Some of the specimens were collected from localities of difficult access. The taxa representing new records are...
- THE GENUS ISOSTIGMA (ASTERACEAE, HELIANTHEAE) IN ARGENTINA: TWO NEW RECORDS AND NOTES ON DISTRIBUTION. Peter, Guadalupe // Darwiniana;2004, Vol. 42 Issue 1-4, p207
Isostigma dissitifolium and I. speciosum are newly reported for Argentina (Misiones Province). Five species have been previously recorded: I. cordobense, I. crithmifolium, I. hoffmannii, I. molfinianum and I. peucedanifolium. All distributions are updated. I. dissitifolium and I. speciosum are...
- A new genus, Khasianthus, from India, Myanmar, and China (Vernonieae: Asteraceae). Robinson, Harold; Skvarla, John J. // Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington;2009, Vol. 122 Issue 2, p146
A new Asian genus of Vernonieae, Khasianthus, is named for Vernonia subsessilis DC. It is most closely related to the primarily African genus Baccharoides Moench.
- A new species of Helianthus (Compositae) for the Argentine flora. Sala, Carlos A.; Echarte, Adriana Mariel; Rodriguez, Raul // Darwiniana;1990, Vol. 30 Issue 1-4, p293
Helianthus laetiflorus Pers., a new species for Argentine, is cited. The morphology, chromosome number, seed set and pollen viability of natural populations of this species are described.
- Pleurocarpaea gracilis (Asteraceae: Vernonieae), a new species from the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Lander, Nicholas S.; Hurter, P. Johan H. // Nuytsia;2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p109
Lander, N.S. & Hurter, P.J.H. Pleurocarpaea gracilis (Asteraceae: Vernonieae), a new species from the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Nuytsia 23: 109-115 (2013). A new species of Asteraceae, Pleurocarpaea gracilis Lander & P.J.H.Hurter, is described from the Pilbara region of Western...
- Cosmos. Kimberley, Miranda // Horticulture Week;7/2/2010, p18
The article offers information about the types of Cosmos, which are invaluable plants for filling gaps in the herbaceous border left by early-flowering perennials and has 26 species within the daisy family Asteraceae.
- LA FAMILIA ASTERACEAE EN EL ESTADO DE NAYARIT (MEXICO). Ortiz-Bermudez, Enrique; Villase�or, Jose Luis; Tellez, Oswaldo // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1998, Issue 44, p25
The state of Nayarit occupies a strategic position in Mexico; it encompasses the vertex of three important mountain ranges (Eje Volcï¿½nico Transversal, Sierra Madre Occidental and Sierra Madre del Sur); this largely determines its high floristic diversity. In the state, Asteraceae is the...
- LA FAMILIA ASTERACEAE EN LA FLORA DEL BAJÃO Y DE REGIONES ADYACENTES. Villaseñor, José Luis; Ortiz, Enrique // Acta Botanica Mexicana;jul2012, Issue 100, p259
Based on herbarium specimens identified and georeferenced, collected in the territory considered for the Flora of the BajÃo and adjacent regions project, the family Asteraceae richness known for the region is analyzed. The area was divided in grid squares of 0.5Â° x 0.5Â° size to identify...