NUEVOS REGISTROS DE SOLANUM L. (SOLANACEAE) PARA EL BAJÃO Y REGIONES ADYACENTES
- The Effect of Photoperiod on Tuberisation in Cultivated Ã— Wild Potato Species Hybrids. Kittipadukal, P.; Bethke, P.; Jansky, S. // Potato Research;Mar2012, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p27
Wild Solanum species offer a valuable source of genetic diversity for potato improvement. Most of these species are found in equatorial South and Central America and they do not tuberise under long-day photoperiods typical of those in the major potato production areas of North America, Europe...
- The Tnt1 family member Retrosol copy number and structure disclose retrotransposon diversification in different Solanum species. Manetti, M. E.; Rossi, M.; Nakabashi, M.; Grandbastien, M. A.; Van Sluys, Marie Anne // Molecular Genetics & Genomics;Mar2009, Vol. 281 Issue 3, p261
Eukaryotic genome expansion/retraction caused by LTR-retrotransposon activity is dependent on the expression of full length copies to trigger efficient transposition and recombination-driven events. The Tnt1 family of retrotransposons has served as a model to evaluate the diversity among closely...
- SUBSPECIES BOUNDARIES OF THE WILD POTATOES SOLANUM BULBOCASTANUM AND S. CARDIOPHYLLUM BASED ON MORPHOLOGICAL AND NUCLEAR RFLP DATA. Rodríguez, Aarón; Spooner, David M. // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2002, Issue 61, p9
Morphological data and single- to low-copy nuclear DNA restriction enzyme site data were used to test subspecies circumscriptions of Solanum bulbocastanum and S. cardiophyllum. A prior chloroplast DNA analysis showed these species to be part of two main clades: 1. S. bulbocastanum subsp....
- Correction: Ex Situ Conservation Priorities for the Wild Relatives of Potato (Solanum L. Section Petota). null, null // PLoS ONE;Jun2015, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
No abstract available.
- A resistance gene against potato late blight originating from Solanum Ã— michoacanum maps to potato chromosome VII. Śliwka, Jadwiga; Jakuczun, Henryka; Chmielarz, Marcin; Hara-Skrzypiec, Agnieszka; Tomczyńska, Iga; Kilian, Andrzej; Zimnoch-Guzowska, Ewa // Theoretical & Applied Genetics;Feb2012, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p397
Solanum Ã— michoacanum (Bitter.) Rydb. is a diploid, 1 EBN (Endosperm Balance Number) nothospecies, a relative of potato originating from the area of Morelia in MichoacÃ¡n State of Mexico that is believed to be a natural hybrid of S. bulbocastanum Ã— S. pinnatisectum. Both parental...
- High Resolution Mapping of a Novel Late Blight Resistance Gene Rpi-avl1, from the Wild Bolivian Species Solanum avilesii. Verzaux, Estelle; Budding, Dirk; Vetten, Nick; Niks, Rients; Vleeshouwers, Vivianne; Vossen, Edwin; Jacobsen, Evert; Visser, Richard // American Journal of Potato Research;Dec2011, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p511
Both Mexico and South America are rich in Solanum species that might be valuable sources of resistance ( R) genes to late blight ( Phytophthora infestans). Here, we focus on an R gene present in the diploid Bolivian species S. avilesii. The genotype carrying the R gene was resistant to eight out...
- A New Species of Korthalsia (Palmae) from Laos and Vietnam. HENDERSON, ANDREW; QUOC DUNG, NGUYEN // Palms;
A new species of Korthalsia from Laos and Vietnam is described and illustrated, and compared with similar species.
- A new species of Taxithelium (Pylaisiadelphaceae) from Brazil. Câmara, Paulo E. A. S.; Carvalho-Silva, Micheline // Bryologist;Fall2012, Vol. 115 Issue 3, p444
A new species of Taxithelium with a very narrow distribution is found in Brazil in the states of EspÃrito Santo and Bahia, in the highly threatened Atlantic rainforest. The new species belongs in subgenus Vernieri and can be recognized by its small size and unipapillose perichaetial leaves,...
- First record of the rare Mymarid genus Eustochus Haliday (Hymenoptera: Mymaridae) from Romania, with notes on biology. PRICOP, Emilian; MOGLAN, Ioan // North-Western Journal of Zoology;Dec2016, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p377
The article provides information on the first record of the rare Mymarid genus Eustochus Haliday (Hymenoptera: Mymaridae) in Romania, including the characteristics and geographic distribution of the species.