NUEVAS COMBINACIONES EN MONOCOTILEDÃ“NEAS MEXICANAS III (ORCHIDACEAE, POACEAE)
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE KREODANTHUS (ORCHIDACEAE-GOODYERINAE) DEL OCCIDENTE DE MEXICO Y EL SALVADOR. Tamayo, Roberto Gonzalez // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1995, Issue 31, p33
Kreodanthus casillasii is proposed as a new species. A comparative table is presented to distinguish this new species from K. secundus (Ames) Garay and K. ovatilabius (Ames et Correll) Garay, the last one being its closest relative.
- Protocorm development of Epidendrum fulgens (Orchidaceae) in response to different saline formulations and culture conditions. Gerent Voges, Joana; Fonseca Benevenuto, Rafael; Fritsche, Yohan; Guerra, Miguel Pedro // Acta Scientiarum: Biological Sciences;Jul-Sep2014, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p287
The asymbiotic technique of orchid seeds germination is an important method of mass production of seedlings. Studies on the best culture conditions for each species are important to obtain seedlings in less time and at lower costs. Current analysis evaluates different consistencies of culture...
- PROSTHECHEA MADRENSIS. A RECONSIDERARON OF EPIDENDRUMMADRENSE SCHLTR. (ORCHIDACEAE: LAELIINAE). Karremans, Adam P. // Acta Botanica Mexicana;jul2009, Issue 88, p47
Epidendrum madrense, traditionally treated under the synonymy of Prosthechea chacaoensis, is recognized as a distinct species and transferred to Prosthechea. The number, length, and shape of the nectar guides on the labellum are useful taxonomic characters to distinguish closely related species...
- HARDY ORCHIDS. Garmey, Jane // Town & Country;Sep2006, Vol. 160 Issue 5316, p104
This article focuses on orchids saw by the author in Nova Scotia. Many years ago on a Nova Scotia beach, I chanced upon wild orchids happily growing right down to the water's edge. I recently talked to Jody Payne, curator of the New York Botanical Garden's Rock Garden, where several species of...
- DOS ESPECIES NUEVAS DE ORQUÃDEAS DEL ESTADO DE MORELOS, MÃ‰XICO. Espejo Serna, Adolfo; López-Ferrari, Ana Rosa; Jiménez Machorro, Rolando; Sánchez Saldaña, Luis; García Cruz, Javier // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2002, Issue 61, p27
Two new species from the state of Morelos, Mexico, are described and illustrated, Malaxis ribana Espejo & LÃ³pez-Ferrari and Habenaria uncata R. JimÃ©nez, L. SÃ¡nchez & GarcÃa-Cruz. Both species were collected in the surroundings of the city of Cuernavaca.
- NOTAS SOBRE EL GÃ‰NERO HABENARIA (ORCHIDACEAE) EN MÃ‰XICO. García-Cruz, Javier; Jiménez Machorro, Rolando; Sánchez Saldaña, Luis; Espejo Serna, Adolfo; López-Ferrari, Ana Rosa // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2000, Issue 50, p27
Orchis entomantha Lex. (= Habenaria entomantha (Lex.) Lindl.) is neotypified, H. acutiflora A. Rich. & Galeotti is lectotypified and considered as synonym of H. entomantha. Habenaria rosulifolia Espejo & LÃ³pez-Ferrari and H. gonzaleztamayoi GarcÃa-Cruz, R. JimÃ©nez & L. SÃ¡nchez, both...
- Orchid strategies for success. // Garden;Apr2011, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p220
The article discusses the findings of a study conducted by a team of scientists led by Imperial College London about the strategies of different orchid species which help make their family among the most successful of plant families.
- Vitrification and histological analyses of protocorm-like bodies of Vanda Kaseem's Delight orchid. Poobathy, Ranjetta; Hesam, Nor'Ain Ahmad; Julkifle, Advina Lizah; Subramaniam, Sreeramanan // Australian Journal of Crop Science;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p219
This study was conducted to investigate the potential of cryopreserving protocorm-like bodies (PLBs) of Vanda Kaseem's Delight Orchid using plant vitrification solution 2 (PVS2). Measured parameters included the effect of PLB size (1-2 and 3-4mm), the effect of sucrose preculture concentrations...
- PropagaÃ§Ã£o in vitro de Cattleya trianaei (Linden & Reichenbach fil.) (Orchidaceae) em meios de culturas e com doses de fertilizante comercial. Galdiano Junior, Renato Fernandes; Mantovani, Cibele; De Macedo Lemos, Eliana Gertrudes // Comunicata Scientiae;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p210
The use of culture media produced with commercial fertilizers can represent a simple and low cost alternative for commercial orchid propagation. The aim of this study was to evaluate the in vitro growth of plantlets of Cattleya trianaei in culture medium MS reduced and and formulated with...