TRES NUEVOS REGISTROS PARA MÃ‰XICO DE PLANTAS ACUÃTICAS VASCULARES
- SOUTH CAROLINA. // Castanea;Sep2006, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p253
The article presents information on the plant collections in South Carolina. The Macrothelypteris torresiana collection, which can be found in the state's various counties, including Abbeville County, is a native to tropical and subtropical Asia and Africa. The Elatine rubella collection in...
- Pickerel rush. Dunn, Teri // Horticulture;Nov93, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p88
Highlights the pickerel rush (Pontederia cordata), a compact perennial well suited to small or average-size water gardens. Habitat in nature; Hardiness; Its disease- and pest-free characteristics; Its advantages over other marginal aquatics; Planting and care; Overwintering.
- Elatine ojibwayensis sp.nov., une nouvelle espÃ¨ce dâ€™Elatinaceae et revue des Elatinaceae du QuÃ©bec. Garneau, Michelle // Canadian Journal of Botany;Jul2006, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p1037
A new species of the family Elatinaceae, Elatine ojibwayensis Garneau, sp.nov., occurring in QuÃ©bec is described based on plant specimens from northern QuÃ©bec. This new species is the only Elatine with tetramerous flowers in eastern North America. Its current distribution is restricted to...
- Chromosome numbers of selected species of Elatine L. (Elatinaceae). Kalinka, Anna; Sramkó, Gábor; Horváth, Orsolya; V., Attila Molnár; Popiela, Agnieszka // Acta Societatis Botanicorum Poloniae;Winter2015, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p413
The paper reports chromosome numbers for 13 taxa of Elatine L., including all 11 species occurring in Europe, namely E. alsinastrum, E. ambigua, E. brachysperma, E. brochonii, E. californica, E. campylosperma, E. gussonei, E. hexandra, E. hungarica, E. hydropiper, E. macropoda, E. orthosperma,...
- Nymphaea 'Wanvisa' Is Like a Box of Cracker Jacks. Davis, Tim // Water Garden Journal;2011 1st Quarter, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p25
The article offers information on Nymphaea Wanvisa, a showstopper plant. It cites the work of Nopchai Chansilpa of Thailand related to Nymphaea Wanvisa. The author says that the International Waterlily & Water Gardening Society (IWGS) brought 300 Wanvisa from Chansilpa to sell as CAPY plants. He...
- HARDY WATERLILY (NYMPHAEA) SPECIES AND THEIR NATURAL HYBRIDS. Hellquist, C. Barre; Borsch, Thomas; Wiersema, John H. // Water Garden Journal;Spring2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p20
Features the Hardy Waterlily species and their natural hybrids. Characteristics of the Nymphaea; Subdivision of the Nymphaea genus; Morphology of the Nymphaea.
- SINOPSE DO GÃŠNERO Nymphaea L. (Nymphaeaceae) NO ESTADO DO CEARÃ. LIMA DE SOUSA, DANILO JOSÉ; QUEIROZ MATIAS, LÍGIA // Revista Caatinga;jul-set2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p72
The family Nymphaeaceae is represented by aquatic rhizomatic herbs, rooted in the substrate, with floating long petiolate leaves. Its flowers are solitary, and anthesis can be nocturnal and diurnal, pollinated by beetles. The family has six genus, of which Nymphaea and Victoria occurs in the...
- HARDY NYMPHAEA SPECIES AND THEIR NATURAL HYBRIDS. Hellquist, C. Barre // Water Garden Journal;Spring2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p18
Presents pointers to help distinguish the different hardy species and their natural hybrids. Varieties of waterlilies; Characteristics of the different hardy Nymphaea species; Illustration of the relationship of Nymphaea species with the subgenus Nymphaea.
- FLORA STARORZECZY W DOLINIE WARTY - STAN, ZAGROZENIA ORAZ MOZLIWOSCI OCHRONY. KUCHARSKI, Leszek; BARCKA, Aleksandra; CHMIELECKI, Błażej // Uniejow Bulletin / Biuletyn Uniejowski;2013, Issue 2, p23
This study investigates the flora of 20 oxbow lakes in the Warta valley near UniejÃ³w, ten of which are situated between the river-bed and the flood embankment, and ten are behind the flood bank. 152 plant species have been identified in the studied area: 112 within the embankment, and 148...