CDS Books Will Stick to No Advance Model with New Leader
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;6/27/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 26, p6
Presents an update on issues related to book publishing in the U.S. as of June 2005. Outcome of the merger of Client Distribution Services Inc. and Perseus Books Group; Decline in revenue of Indigo Books & Music Inc.; Postponement of the release of children's books from Simon & Schuster.
- Into the bigtime. Nathan, Paul // Publishers Weekly;8/10/1992, Vol. 239 Issue 36, p41
Reports that Seal Press has made its first reprint sale, with Ballantine Books acquiring three mysteries from the Seattle firm. All are by Minnesota author Ellen Hart, including: `Hallowed Murder,' `Vital Lies' and `Stagefright.' Seal's Faith Conlon obtained $18,000 for the trio; Ballantine...
- Perseus Books launches online. C.R. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p20
Reports on book company Perseus Book Group's launch of its Web site during the 1999 BookExpo America book trade show. Web site's features; Access information.
- New Perseus Sales Structure Sets Stage for More Growth. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/4/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 40, p17
Looks at the move of Perseus Books Group to revamp its sales operation. Publishing members of the company; Account sales force created by the company to cover the United States; Explanation from Jack McKeown, president and chief executive officer of the company.
- Happy birthday. // Lambda Book Report;Jul96, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p19
Announces the 20th year of Seal Press and the tenth year of Firebrand in 1996.
- Perseus Folds Counterpoint Into Basic Books. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p9
Reports on the reorganization of Perseus Book Group in 2002. Folding of its Counterpoint Press business into Basic Books; Appointment of John Donatich; Background on the company.
- Perseus to Buy Fisher Books. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/12/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 24, p26
Reports that the Perseus Book Group agreed in June 2000 to acquire Fisher Books of Tucson, Arizona. Schedule of the expected closure of the deal; Benefits of the acquisition for Perseus; Terms of the deal.
- In the age of mega-mergers, mid-sized perseus succeeding by being different. // Book Publishing Report;10/11/99, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the corporate growth experienced by United States book company Perseus Books Group. Company's plans of continuing to thrive in an age of mega-mergers by moving nimbly than its much larger competitors; Annual title output of the book business; Details about the `pinpoint marketing'...
- Comedy Central Preps Book Label. GUTHRIE, MARISA // Hollywood Reporter;3/9/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the launch of book publishing program by Comedy Central with Perseus Books Group's Running Press.