New York Senate, Assembly Begin Negotiations on Final Fiscal 2007 Budget
- Education Seen as Key Beneficiary of State Fiscal Gains. Bridgman, Anne // Education Week;10/3/1984, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the education sector as the major beneficiary of strengthened financial positions in fiscal 1984 as reported by the National Council of State Legislatures in the U.S. It was said that most states ended fiscal year 1984 in a healthier position compared to the last fiscal...
- Utah school spending increased 8.2 percent per student amid budget cuts. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/30/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the increase in total school spending in Utah for the year that ended June 2002. Categories of school district expenditures; Variations of spending per student in districts; Analysis of the percentage of school district revenue sources.
- The state-appointed administrator of the Richmond, Calif., school district has released a five-year financial-recovery program for the troubled district. // Education Week;2/5/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p2
The article reports that the state-appointed administrator of the Richmond, California school district has issued a financial recovery program for the district. The plan requires the superintendent and the school board to develop a manageable budget for the school year and to inform employees of...
- Preparing for the Next Round of Talks on School Funding. Platz, Joan // Triad;Apr/May2012, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p45
The article explores the status of state school funding and arts education in Ohio. Provisions for funding schools under the Evidence-Based Model were repealed since Governor John Kasich approved a budget bill for fiscal year 2012-2013 in June 2011. A survey of school districts found that 44% of...
- ILLINOIS: Fiscal-Watch Schools Ebb. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/23/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33489, p9
The article reports on the gradual decrease of school districts to the Illinois fiscal watch list in fiscal 2010.
- City Council Approves $3.6 Billion Operating Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;05/03/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31131, p4
Focuses on the fiscal year operating budget of the City Council in Washington D.C. Proposal of Mayor Anthony A. Williams for fiscal 2002; Compliance of the approved budget with congressional requirements; Consideration of the triennial real estate phase out in the budget.
- small districts, sharp axes. Tyler, Clifford E.; Kibby, Robert W. // Leadership;May/Jun2004, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p16
Presents tips for school districts and school site levels to cope with the financial problems faced by public schools in California. Advise for districts and school sites to put together an information plan to keep the community informed concerning the status of the budget; Organization of...
- Ohio's Marysville School District Gets Bond Levy Approval, Nets State Funds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/4/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32189, p4
Reports on the result of the election aimed at giving bond levy to school districts in Ohio. Percentage of the ballots that gained approval from the voters; Failure of the Cleveland City Schools to succeed in its attempt to raise an operating levy; Value of the bond issuance approved by voters...
- School Reserves. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/22/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32264, p31
Reports on the issuance of reserves for several school districts after efforts made to reopen school funding lawsuit in Arkansas.