SEC'S Longtime Executive Director Jim McConnell to Retire in June
- SEC's exec director to step down. // Accounting Today;4/17/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p30
Unveils the plan of Jim McConnell to retire as executive director of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in 2006. Contributions of McConnell to SEC; Career background of McConnell.
- Bergmann, 30-Year SEC Vet, Leaving for Willkie Farr. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;1/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32290, p5
The article reports on the retirement of Larry E. Bergman as senior associate director in the division of market regulation of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Bergman decided to accept a position at Willkie Farr & Gallagher. His first position when he joined the agency was as...
- City Needs Qualified Operators to Fix Pension Mess. Hemphill, Allen Polk // San Diego Business Journal;10/11/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p39
Comments on the need for qualified operators to fix pension plan problems in San Diego, California. Amount of pension and health plans shortfall discovered during the investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission; Incompetence of the elected officials who oversee the pension fund; Lack...
- Carter, Harlan Named to Top SEC Posts. // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p36
Reports on the appointment of directors of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Professional background of the directors.
- Touting Expertise, Pitt Says He Has No Intention of Resigning. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p5
Reports the refusal of the Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Harvey Pitt to resign in the U.S. Expertise in the securities market; Management on the crisis of confidence in the stock market; Implementation of economic reforms.
- Pitt Tells ABA He Plans to Stay at SEC. Ferris, Craig // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p5
Reports the statement of Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Harvey L. Pitt to remain in the position despite calls for resignation in the U.S. Management of the corporate fraud crisis; Alteration of capital markets; Career history of Pitt.
- IRS Schedules Plan Terminations Phone Forum for May. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Advisor News;2014, p140
The article offers information on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) phone forum about retirement plan terminations on May 2014.
- McConnell steps down from SEC. // Accountancy;Apr2006, Vol. 137 Issue 1352, p14
This article reports on Jim McConnell, executive director of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, stepping down after spending 16 years at the helm in order to pursue opportunities in the private sector. McConnell joined the U.S. regulator as a management analyst in 1984, and was...
- Senate Panel Unanimously Approves Four SEC Nominees. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p4
Reports the approval of four of U.S. president George W. Bush's nominees for the Securities and Exchange Commission by the Senate Banking Committee. Names of nominees; Job responsibility of each nominees; Support of the committee among committee members.