Business Inventories, Sales Increase in January
- AutoZone Net Outpaces Sales. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/28/2014, pA01
7 The auto-parts retailer earned $8.46 per share in Q3, up 16% from '13; on sales up 6% to $2.34 bil, slightly beating estimates. But shares of
- Wholesale stockpiles rise. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/11/2014, pA02
Wholesaler inventories rose 1.1% in April for a 2nd month in a row. Sales rose 1.3% vs. an upwardly revised 1.6% in March. Both April figures were stronger than expected.
- Business Sales, Inventories Up. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32029, p2
The article presents information on the increase in business inventories by 0.2% and sales by 1.2%. This information is based on data release by U.S. Department of Commerce. The inventories figure, which rose to $1.260 trillion, came, as stocks in September remained unchanged from the previous...
- Business Sales Fall, Inventories Grow. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;4/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32112, p2
Reports on the level of business inventories and sales volume in the U.S. Projections of inventory increases by a poll of economists; Inventory-to-sales ratio based on seasonally adjusted data; Increase in manufacturers' stocks by industry.
- Business Inventories Gain 0.5%; Sales Up 0.1%. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32299, p2
The article reports on the growth of business inventories which climbed to 0.5 percent in November 2005 in the U.S. The increase was followed by a revised 0.4 percent gain in October. Inventories of automobiles which rose 2.1 percent during the period after a 1.2 percent increase in October,...
- Inventories hit 1-year high. Osburn, Chaz // Automotive News;2/18/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5971, p26
Reports the growth of vehicle inventories in the United States. Sales per dealership in 2002; Low historical average and stocks of profitable sport-utilities; Total car inventories.
- Tough Love in the Auto Parts Industry. Barkey, Patrick M. // Indiana Business Magazine;Mar2007, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p6
The author reflects on the reactions of shareholders and workers on the closure of an auto part industry. He said that the reactions of these people are difficult to picture out, but they are powerful enough to affect the course of such events. For investors and other providers of capital, the...
- Inventories Up 0.1%; Sales Increase 1.0%. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/14/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32878, p7
The article presents information on the business inventories for March 2008 in the U.S., according to data released by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Business inventories were raised by 0.1%, while sales level rose to 1.0%. The company IFR Markets had predicted that business inventories would...
- Overstocked? Slow sales equal high days supply. // Automotive News;11/17/2008, Vol. 83 Issue 6334, p6
The article reports on the stockpile of unsold vehicles due to reduction in sales of automobiles. Supplies shot up from an average of 72 days on October 1, 2008 to 100 on November 1, 2008. Given October's sales disaster, the record high was expected. In fact, the raw number of vehicles in...