ANALYST: MEDIACOM A MIXED BAG
- Analysts: Satellite TV May Be Reaching Peak In Canadian Market. Careless, James // Satellite News;7/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the future of satellite TV in the Canadian market. Comparison of the growth of satellite TV, cable TV and direct-to-home services; Limitations of satellite TV; Plan of Bell Expressvu to make it more competitive against cable.
- Satellite TV comes down to earth. // Consumer Reports;Jul2000, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p19
Compares the value of satellite dishes with that of cable television in the United States. Echostar; DirecTV; Quality of satellite programming; How to choose a satellite provider; Recommendations. INSET: Media giants clash, viewers suffer.
- Empty Screens. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/19/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 38, p14
Considers the absence of quality TV programs on video-on-demand (VOD) offered by cable operators in the U.S. Competition between TV content providers and distributors; Advantages of VOD over digital broadcast satellite services; Cost of buying VOD services; Limitation of data on VOD...
- Telecommunications: Subscriber Rates and Competition in the Cable Television Industry: GAO-04-262T. Goldstein, Mark L. // GAO Reports;3/25/2004, p1
In recent years, rates for cable service have increased at a faster pace than the general rate of inflation. GAO agreed to (1) examine the impact of competition on cable rates and service, (2) assess the reliability of information contained in the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) annual...
- Satellite Taking Customers Away From Cable Operators. // Response;Sep2004, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p10
Reports on a study conducted by Kagan Research LLC which shows that cable television service are losing subscriber households due to satellite services provider in the U.S. Number of households who are moving from cable service to satellite service provider; Combined subscriber loses of Comcast...
- Role reversal. Learmonth, Michael // Variety;9/27/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 6, pA1
Deals with the growth of satellite television subscription over cable television as of September 2004. Growth posted by Direct TV and EchoStar; Factors that contribute to the increasing trend toward satellite television subscription; Possible actions that must be undertaken by cable companies...
- 'Cable TV and Satellite Broadcasting' Discussion. // BKSTS Journal;May1983, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p198
The article presents questions and answers related to cable television and satellite broadcasting. One reader asks the effect of the cost of making cable available to a sizeable portion of the population on the broadcasters. Another reader asks whether using a multiplexed analogue components...
- CEA: Don't Stall the Transition. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/16/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p28
Focuses on the views of Gary Shapiro, president of the Consumer Electronic Association on digital television transition in the U.S. Implications of the proposed restrictions on cable and satellite TV to subscribers not connected to pay-TV service; Statistical figures on TV subscribers in the...
- DIRECTV SUB GAINS ARE A PAIN. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p3
Reports on the subscriber gains of satellite service DirectTV Inc. in the second quarter of 2003. Impact on cable television industry; Expansion of the video market; Estimate of total number of multichannel households by PriceWaterhouseCoopers.