Carriage Part of E! Talks
- Comcast, Disney Reach Carriage Deal. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;11/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p6
This article reports on the completion of a deal between Comcast and Walt Disney Co. The deal gives Comcast continued carriage of Disney cable networks including ESPN, ABC's television stations, full ownership of E! Networks and permission to runs some ABC shows on video on demand. Disney will...
- Analysts Wary of Comcast Interest in E! Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p12
The article focuses on the concern of analysts on the interest of Comcast Corp. to buy the 39.5 percent of E! Entertainment Television from Walt Disney Co. in the U.S. in 2006. According to Pali Research analyst Richard Greenfield, the company should invest their capital in converting to...
- Comcast in Talks To Buy E! Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/13/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the plan of cable television company Comcast Corp. to acquire the remaining stocks of E! Entertainment Television from partner Walt Disney Corp. Benefits of the acquisition to Comcast; Performance of the television ratings of E!; Ownership of Comcast on E!.
- Disney, Comcast keep masters at the helm of E! McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;2/3/97, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p30
Reports on the intentions of the Walt Disney Company and Comcast Corporation to purchase E! Entertainment Television, in a joint venture. Percentage the partners will own on the acquisition; Comments from industry analyst from Oppenheimer & Company, Alan Gould; Comments from company executives...
- Comcast's Big Bang. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p20
The article discusses the growth of high definition (HD) programming by cable television networks in the U.S. Companies discussed include the Comcast Programming Group, who say that their channels E!, Style, and G4 will be switching to new HD simulcast feeds in HD, beginning with E! on October...
- The new E! order under Disney-Comcast. Richmond, Ray // Variety;2/3/97, Vol. 366 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on the impact of Walt Disney and Comcast's acquisition of E! Entertainment cable television network on the network's programs.
- Disney's brand E!: Showbiz. Richmond, Ray // Variety;2/3/97, Vol. 366 Issue 1, p26
Reports on Walt Disney Co.'s partnership with Comcast Corp. to purchase Time Warner's stake in E! Entertainment Television. Companies' plans for the cable network.
- E! budgets $50 million to develop original shows. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;06/02/97, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p8
Reports on developments at E! Entertainment Television after its acquisition by Comcast Corp. and Walt Disney Inc. Includes the decision to abandon the strategy of airing acquired programming to focus on original fare; Expansion of `E! News Daily.'
- Comcast looks to take Time Warner's E! stake. Peers, Martin // Variety;01/13/97, Vol. 365 Issue 10, p6
Reports on cable operator Comcast Corp.'s plan to purchase Tim Warner Inc.'s majority stake in E! Entertainment Television cable television network. Background on the purchase negotiations.