Liberty Unit Tackles Worries
- Cable One Spinoff Off to a Rocky Start. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;7/6/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p3
The article focuses on cable service provider Cable One's entry in the New York Stock Exchange as publicly traded company on July 1, 2015. It mentions the loss in stocks in the first day along with decline in video-customer base after dropping its Viacom networks in April 2014. It adds the Latin...
- Keeping the Globe Wired In. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;1/23/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 4, p30
The article profiles Mike Fries of Liberty Global Inc. (LGI) who has been instrumental in building one of the world's largest multichannel operators. It notes that Fries has guided LGI in its major deals such as the 4.1 billion acquisition of cable systems in Germany that makes LGI the...
- Liberty Invades Belgian Wireless. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;4/27/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 16, p24
The article informs about the purchase of wireless carrier Base Co. by cable firm Liberty Global through its subsidiary Telenet with an aim to enter in the wireless business in Belgium and views of Liberty Global chief executive officer (CEO) Mike Fries on the same.
- Another Notch in Liberty Global's Belt. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/1/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p23
The article focuses on Liberty Global Inc. acquiring a stake in Ziggo NV cable operator for 810.56 million U.S. dollars equivalent to 32 dollars per share after purchasing Virgin Media Inc. for 23.3 billion dollars and Telenet Group Holding NV for 2.56 billion dollars.
- Ziggo Sells Shares To Liberty Global. // CT Daily;3/28/2013, p1
The article reports that 12.6 percent shares of cable firm Ziggo NV is owned by Colorado-based telecommunication firm Liberty Global Inc.
- The Impact of Financial Structure, Financial Leverage and Profitability on Industrial Companies Shares Value (Applied Study on a Sample of Saudi Industrial Companies). Barakat, Abdallah // Research Journal of Finance & Accounting;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p55
The study aimed to investigate the effect of financial structure, financial leverage and profitability on industrial company's value as a long term strategic analysis that helps the analyst in predicting future company's value on the light of the mentioned variables in addition to external...
- LIBERTY GLOBAL'S UPC AUSTRIA ACQUIRES 100% OF INODE. // Tele-Service News;Feb2006, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p5
Reports that UPC Austria, a subsidiary of Liberty Global Inc., agreed to acquire all shares of Inode as of February 2006. Terms of the deal; Number of Inode employees and digital service line customers in Austria; Comments from Mike Fries, president and CEO of Liberty Global.
- Liberty Global Eyes Germany -- Again. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;4/22/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p27
The article deals with the plan of Liberty Global to create a 15 million subscriber powerhouse that could dominate the German cable television market in 2013. It cites reports in April about Liberty chief executive officer (CEO) Mike Fries making discussions with Kabel Deutschland officials...
- Liberty Global CEO: Time For Cable to Scale Up. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;9/29/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p6
The article presents the views of Mike Fries, the telecommunications firm Liberty Global's chief executive officer (CEO), on issues related to cable television industry. The topics discussed include the need for cable industry to achieve scale-up their services , information on Reference Design...