How Curlers, Rockers Benefit Cable
- Winter Olympics. Dick, Brad // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Mar2006, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the application of high definition technology in the broadcasting of the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy by NBC Universal. Challenges of producing the Winter Olympics in high definition; Shift to high definition workflow; Graphics solution for high definition workflow.
- Turin tamed for Games. Pennington, Adrian // TVB Europe;Mar2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on the high definition (HD) live broadcasting of the 20th Winter Olympics, which was held in Turin, Italy from February 10-26, 2006. Dubbed as 900 live hours, the high definition broadcasting was produced by the Torino Olympic Broadcasting Organisation and led by the...
- Hot in '06: HD Innovation. Giardina, Carolyn // SHOOT;1/13/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the developments in high definition (HD) production related to the advertising production community. The Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada included developments in display technologies such as organic light emitting diode. HD television also continues to rise...
- NBC Climbs the High-Def Mountain. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;2/6/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p7
Focuses on the logistical and technical challenges faced by NBC Universal in broadcasting the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy. Significance of the network's complete conversion to high-definition television; Other coverage to be broadcast in high-definition; Lessons to be learned by NBC...
- Cable Companies Make Pitch for HD. King, Danny // Television Week;11/10/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p13
This article deals with the promotion efforts of cable companies for their high-definition (HD) offering. Comcast, whose 24.4 million customers make it the largest U.S. cable service, has been the most aggressive at pitching its HD services. Comcast said it would give its subscribers 1,000 HD...
- More Choice for Hispanic Viewers. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;10/20/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p2A
The article reports that, along with the expansion of their bandwidth for more high-definition content, cable operators will also be increasing its Hispanic channel lineups. It is said that Time Warner Cable will increase its Hispanic channels, particularly in places such as New York, Texas and...
- Ad Group to Comcast: Cease Claims. // Multichannel News;9/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p6
The article reports on the recommendation made by the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus which aims to stop Comcast Corp. from claiming that its Xfinity services can provide the best quality of high definition (HD) picture.
- Comcast Plans Wider Rollout for HDTV. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p3
Reports the plan to offer the high-definition television by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Specialization of local digital-broadcast channels and movie services; Response of the customers on the plan of Comcast Corp.; Scheme on one-box solution from Motorola Inc. and Scientific-Atlanta Inc.
- Comcast Adds HD PBS Feed in Philly. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p14
Reports the plan of Comcast Corp. on adding a high-definition (HD) television channel in the United States. Importance of adding HD content on Comcast Corp.; Subscription rate of HD television services; Partnership of Comcast with a major consumer electronics retailer company.