REGULATION SLOWS GROWTH
- Internet TV: One pipe to carry them all. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the adoption of Internet television in Europe. Demand in cable broadband connections; Integration of television broadcasting and Internet protocol platforms; Application of MPEG-compressed television.
- Online was never a rival to TV so let's get them united. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;8/26/2010, p02
The author comments on the alleged rivalry between Internet television (TV) and conventional TV.
- ASK PROFESSOR PHIL. Hippensteel, Phil // AV Technology;Dec2014, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p10
The article provides an answer to a question on a struggle or problem in implementing Internet Protocol television (IPTV) wherein he encountered the issue of excessive broadcasting. INSET: Contemporary Research Ships Tuner.
- 333.2 million. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/25/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 20, p12
The article cites that 333.2 million subscribes to over-the-top video services worldwide.
- Buckle up. Molony, David // Total Telecom Magazine;Feb2006 Supplement, p7
The article presents a outlook on the emergence and development of the Internet protocol television market sector. The television broadcast business in Great Britain is worth about Â£ 10.1 billion a year versus Â£ 44.6 billion for telecommunications services. The U.S. cable television...
- IPTV is gearing up. Gilmer, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2006, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p26
The article presents the trends on Internet protocol television (IPTV) in the U.S. It explores the changing workflow, cost effectiveness, and new opportunities and differences between traditional television and video-over Internet protocol. It examines the factors affecting the popularity of...
- A flexible approach to hybrid IP networks. Lind, Thomas // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Sep/Oct2009, pS22
The article focuses on the modular approach to hybrid Internet protocol (IP) network. Factors related to the development of the SC2000 a modular architecture from Appear TV is discussed which includes concerns regarding engineering resources, digital TV market, and quantity of broadcast...
- Vendors Waiting for IPTV Growth Spurt. // Satellite News;4/29/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p3
The article focuses on the growth of the Internet protocol television (IPTV) sector. According to a sales representative of Atlanta DTH, IPTV remains under-delivered and over-exposed. It is stated that IPTV has established in certain markets, but the service has been slow to be accepted by a...
- Russia and Vietnam drive growth. // Telecom Asia;Jun2012, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
The article focuses on rise in the internet television (IPTV) subscription in Russia and Vietnam. Point Topic sees newly emerging markets such as Vietnam and Russia posting impressive annual rates in IPTV. Russian grew by 131% in 2011, making it into the top ten in terms of subscriber numbers...