AT&T PLANS LIGHTSPEED Trip to High-Tech TV
- DELAYS IN MICROSOFT IPTV DEBUT ALARMING. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;12/5/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p1
The article focuses on the implications of the delay in the launch of the Microsoft TV Internet Protocol Television Edition (IPTV) software by AT&T and BellSouth in the U.S. The European telephone companies have asked other television technology vendors to provide alternative solutions. Ed...
- Microsoft Introduces TV-Platform Support. Iler, David // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p208
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s search for supporters for its Microsoft television platform. Announcement of developer and tools programs; Market testing of the company's WebTV service in Toronto, Ontario, in May 2000.
- U-Verse's Universe: AT&T Sets IPTV Pricing in San Antonio. // CableFAX Daily;5/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 97, p1
This article reports on the plans of AT&T regarding the pricing of its Internet protocol television (IPTV) services. The IPTV service is scheduled to launch commercially in San Antonio in June 2006. According to the Web site www.sbcforyou.com/uverse, the packages will come with up to 3 receivers...
- Adiï¿½s amigo? Dux, Simon // Total Telecom Magazine;Apr2005, p8
Comments on the significance of the community television application AmigoTV supported by Alcatel to the Internet protocol television (IPTV) platform of Microsoft. Implication of the partnership between Microsoft and Alcatel; Features of the IPTV platform to be launched by Microsoft; Advantages...
- AT&T U-VERSE ARRIVES IN DECATUR WITH NEW TV SERVICE. // RBOC Update;Nov2010, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the launch of AT&T U-verseï¿½ telecommunication services in locations across Decatur, Alabama.
- AT&T ADDS MORE SECOND-SCREEN FEATURES TO U-VERSE. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;7/16/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p10
The article reports on the move of AT&T to expand the features and video offerings on its TV Everywhere U-verse application for Apple devices.
- Microsoft: IPTV advantages come to market. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;11/5/2007, Vol. 248 Issue 18, p8
The article focuses on the potential benefits of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) for service provider customers. Christine Heckart, marketing general manager of Microsoft Mediaroom, notes that IPTV is promising lower deployment costs and better features for its service providers. She...
- IPTV. Kurz, Phil // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2007, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p89
The article reports that the Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) has increasingly becoming more prominent in the broadcasting industry in the U.S. As an act of showing its support, Microsoft Corp. announced the introduction of its TV IPTV Edition software platform. The package includes the Grass...
- Xbox 360 takes center stage at Consumer Electronics Show. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;1/9/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 7, p37
The article reports that Xbox was the highlight at the consumer electronic show in Las Vegas. Microsoft plans to introduce Xbox 360 video game console as a set top box. Microsoft's entertainment devices division along with the AT&T and British Telecom have planned to deliver television over...