CABLE, RETAILERS TEAM UP FOR MUST-HAVE MARKETING STRATEGIES
- All Together Now. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p74
Discusses the impact of the marketing collaboration in the U.S. cable industry on the local cable-advertising business. Contribution of local advertising businesses to the cable operations revenue in the fourth quarter of 2004; Reason for the nonexistence of collaborations among...
- Merger possibilities in U.K. cable. // High Yield Report;09/20/99, Vol. 10 Issue 36, p8
Reports that Telewest was in talks with United Pan-Europe Communications about a possible alliance, continuing the consolidation trend in the cable industry of the United Kingdom.
- The Comeback of Cable TV. GUNTHER, MARC; ROBERTS, BRIAN // Fortune;
Discusses the status of the cable television industry in 1997. The efforts of Bill Gates' Microsoft Corp. to aquire a portion of Comcast; The partnership between Rupert Murdoch and Saban Entertainment; Other evidence of a renewed interest in cable.
- Kids nets siphon off skeins to enhance brand. Zahed, Ramin // Daily Variety;5/3/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 46, pA2
Reports on the strategy of cable television networks for children to broaden brand identity and increase viewer base in the U.S. Partnership between Nickelodeon and CBS Corp.; Liaisons between Discovery Kids and National Broadcasting Network Co. Inc.; Influence of alliances on the creation and...
- Newhouse Response Due Today. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p2
Focuses on the possible departure of cable systems firm Newhouse from the AOL Time Warner Entertainment and Advance Publications Inc. partnership in the U.S. Impact of the departure on subscribers; Negotiations with Time Warner; Percentage of the ownership of Newhouse and Advance in the...
- El Paso, Texas. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p10
Reports on the revenues of cable television stations in El Paso, Texas. Observations made by the BIA Financial Network; Comparison of revenue earnings; Factors contributing to the revenues.
- Systems will work harder for the money. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;06/23/97, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p3
States that cable systems will have to worker harder to continue to enjoy rising revenues at the local level. Comments from Kevin Barry, vice president of local ads sales at the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB); Information on the CAB Conference; Financial information on cable sales.
- Television channeling. Baker, Rose K. // American Demographics;Oct93, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p26
Presents several suggestions for cable television channels catering to unserviced markets. Crime channel; Therapy channel; Psychic friends channel; All-sports channel; Shopping channels.
- How to zip through 500 channels. Maddox, Kate // Advertising Age;6/21/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 26, p12
Reports on 500-channel world of cable television and the need to organize its vast array of programming. Customizing to fit users need; National Cable Television Association; Choosing information that should be brought to the viewer's attention; Companies vying to perform the function;...