Verizon Adds On-Screen Local Information
- VERIZON UNVEILS MORE INTERACTIVE TV FEATURES IN FLORIDA. // RBOC Update;Feb2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p7
The article reports that Verizon added more interactive features for its FiOS television subscribers in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Polk, Manatee and Sarasota counties in Florida. FiOS offers next-generation interactive services such as social networking, entertainment and news widgets and...
- FiOS Future:. // CableFAX Daily;9/28/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 188, p1
The article predicts the future of the Fiber Optic Service (FiOS) service of Verizon Communications in the U.S. Verizon is planning to add a unified shopping portal, interactive broadcasts and gaming to FiOS TV in 2007. Verizon is also planning to open the FiOS set-top to all video on the Internet.
- Irvington OKs Verizon's FiOS TV. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/30/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 44, p3
The article reports that Irvington, New York's Board of Trustees has approved Verizon Communications Inc.'s fiber optic Internet service (FiOS) TV service for the Hudson River village. Verizon is awaiting the state Public Service Commission's approval before launching its TV service in...
- From This Clay. McCarthy, Thomas J. // America;05/15/99, Vol. 180 Issue 17, p6
Criticizes television's approach to weather reporting. Comment on the histrionics of television weathercasters; Concern about the superfluousness of weather presentation.
- Television station weather-persons' winter storm predictions: An informal look. Trinkhaus, John // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Aug94, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p65
Presents a limited enquiry during the winter of 1993-94 suggesting that television weather-persons' pronouncements of their predictions' accuracy does not appear to be supported by facts. Percentage of claimed correctness of forecasting.
- DIGITAL DEALMAKERS. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/25/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p8
The article focuses on the selection of Rachelle Zoffer as director of interactive television at Verizon. Verizon will start to add video services such as interactive television. Zoffer's duty is to make deals with television networks and content providers for their on-screen interactive...
- Blizzard a boon to local cable news channels. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;1/15/96, Vol. 126 Issue 3, p128
Reports on the ratings boost of regional cable television networks in the Northeastern United States due to winter snowstorm coverage. Advantages of local news channels over broadcast stations.
- WHAT'S WORKING IN WASHINGTON, D.C. M. M. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 7, p20
The article reports on the move of television stations in Washington, D.C. towards rating improvement by focusing on weather reports wherein WRC television station recruited Doug Kammerer as its chief meteorologist while WJLA television station hired Bob Ryan to be part of its weather department.
- Taking Local Route On Weather. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/19/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 35, p43
The article reports that television stations in the U.S. are seeking to personalize their weather coverage for viewers through their on-air, online and mobile platforms.