Discovery Kids Cuts NBC Cord
- Cable Brands are Supreme in 'Kids' Programming. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;9/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p66
Reports on the growth of children's television programs and their role in enhancing the popularity of cable television. Programs of U.S.-based television network National Broadcasting Co. Inc.; Justification for repurposing and rebranding television network ABC Kids given by vice president and...
- CBS' New Saturday Morning. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;4/3/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 14, p30
Provides information on the programming slate unveiled by CBS and DIC Entertainment for the Saturday Morning Secret Slumber Party children block that will premiere in the U.S. on September 16, 2006. Format of the television shows; Reality-based series in pre-production; Animated series included...
- Saturdays and the Fox factor. Coe, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;7/25/94, Vol. 124 Issue 30, p58
Focuses on the Saturday morning television programming for the traditional children's audience. Fox Children's Network (FCN) as leader in daypart programming; Fox's popular television series `X-Men' and `Mighty Morphin Power Rangers'; CBS Inc.'s program lineup; ABC Inc.'s show `Free Willy'...
- Eye's Sat. ayem ratings get boost from 'Nick Jr.' Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;09/25/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 16, p14
Reports on the improved Saturday morning programming of CBS with the premier of its 'Nick Jr. on CBS' block of children's programming on September 16, 2000. Programs included in the 'Nick' block; Celebration of its 600th consecutive week as number one in daytime for the week ending on September...
- The webs. Katz, Richard; Adalian, Josef // Variety;04/19/99, Vol. 374 Issue 9, p26
Reports on developments related to television broadcasting in the United States as of April 19, 1999. Includes advertising buy deals in children's television; CBS' expansion of its Internet business operations.
- DIC rolls three packs to fill FCC's ed regs. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;1/17/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 11/12, p38
Relates that DIC Entertainment has created child-friendly programming packages for local stations to meet their U.S. Federal Communications Commission educational requirements. Stations participating in the packages; Three blocks of titles offered by the company; Simplification of the...
- NBC kids come to D.C. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/23/95, Vol. 125 Issue 43, p97
Reports that the stars of NBC's children's television programs are coming to Washington D.C. to meet lawmakers and their families. Event's goal.
- CBS may ax kids block. // Electronic Media;11/18/96, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p1
Reports that Peter Lund, President of CBS television network in New York, has stated that the network will soon be making a decision on whether it will abandon its five-hour children's program block on Saturday mornings. What the company will do if it decides to continue children's programming.
- CBS remakes kids schedule. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;01/12/98, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p4
Provides information on the CBS Inc. television network's programming for children in 1998. Total reorganization of network's programming schedule; Plans by network to broadcast six animated series; Details on network's programming schedule.