Verizon Seeks Video Pact In Large New York Suburb
- Verizon FiOS1 Dallas to Air High School Football. // Telephone IP News;Dec2011, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p6
The article previews the Verizon FiOS1 Dallas fiber-optic network service from Verizon Communications Inc.
- Fog of War. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;9/16/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p3
The author reflects on reactions of different cable television distributors on attempts by Verizon Communications Inc. to distribute their fiber optic bundled Internet access, telephone, and television service, FiOS, in regions beyond there franchise areas.
- Post Hurricane Sandy, Verizon plans to replace some copper with fiber. // Wire Journal International;Jan2013, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p23
The article offers information on Verizon Communications Inc. regarding its palns to install optic fiber cables in the place of copper cables damaged by Hurricane Sandy in November 2012.
- XG-PON1 10G GPON may not be enough for Verizon. // ATM/ Gigabit;Jun2012, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p11
The article reports on the plan of American broadband and telecommunications company Verizon Communications Inc. to upgrade its 10 Gbps downstream and 2.5 Gbps upstream XG-Passive Optical Network (PON)1 technology.
- Verizon TV finds mostly static in NY. Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;7/16/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on efforts by telecom giant Verizon Communications Inc. to secure rights to offer cable television service to residents of Yonkers, New York in 2007. The company's application promises to boost its efforts to secure a cable television franchise in New York State if approved...
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;3/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p2
Reports on the granting by three Delaware cities/towns of cable franchises to Verizon.
- Verizon Wins Franchise in Major New York Market. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p8
Reports that telephone company Verizon Communications Inc. has obtained a cable TV franchise in major New York market in April 2006. Several towns in New York to be served by Verizon; Overview of the franchise agreement; Operation plan of Verizon in Hempstead by the end of 2007.
- Verizon To Launch Second Video System. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;11/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 50, p34
Reports that telecommunication video provider Verizon is launching its second video system in Herndon, Virginia. Franchise agreement the company has signed with Fairfax County, Virginia; Efforts of the company to secure cable franchises in other Virginia municipalities.
- Bells Eye D.C. After Texas Loss. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/6/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the move of SBC Communications Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc. to propose the elimination of local franchise requirements for telecommunication companies to the U.S. Congress and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Outcome of the efforts of SBC and Verizon to lobby for...