THIS JUST IN
- TOP 100 MSOS. // Multichannel News;12/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p22A
Presents a list of 100 cable operators of the U.S. Position of Comcast Corp. after its merger with AT&T Broadband; Number of subscribers of Time Warner Cable Inc.
- SVOD Pleases Pay Crowd--So Far. // Multichannel News;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p6A
Cable operators have rolled out HBO On Demand, Showtime On Demand and Starz On Demand services. As the video-on-demand (VOD) platform begins to succeed in 2003, it is worth examining whether SVOD, one of cable's earlier services started in 2001 is panning out as a bonafide revenue stream....
- Ops, Interconnects Offer Mixed Forecasts. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;01/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the mixed forecasts offered by United States cable television and interconnect executives for advertising sales results in 2001. Outlooks by Time Warner Cable, Comcast Corp. and AT&T Broadband.
- Access Forum Breaks Out at D.C. Hearing. Stephens, Hampton // Multichannel News;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p32
Reports on how a November 2000, Washington, D.C. hearing on the proposed transfer of the city's cable franchise from AT&T Broadband to Comcast Corp. provided a forum on open access. Views expressed by residents and corporate interests; Transfer requirements backed by the District's Office of...
- Cable Ops Report Mixed Q2. // Multichannel News;8/6/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p6
The article reports on mixed response of cable operators of Pennsylvania in the second quarter (Q2) of 2011 and 2011. It mentions the reduction in Comcast Corp.'s subscriber loss in the second quarter while Time Warner Cable Inc. lost more subscribers than the expected. It also presents a graph...
- Hail the Conquerors. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p36
Reports on the challenge faced by Comcast Corp. to take up AT&T Broadband's massive cable operations. Disadvantages of the deal to Comcast; Standards set by Comcast Corp.; Deals made by the company in its initial days; Top priorities of the company.
- What a Difference A New MSO Can Make. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);1/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p20
Discusses the transition of the cable television system of Portland, Oregon from AT&T Broadband to Comcast Corp. Difference between AT&T and Comcast; Outlook of AT&T employees on the transition; Changes to be implemented by Comcast in line with the transition. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.
- How would Comcast-AT&T fare? Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;7/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p16
Looks at the financial implications of the bid by United States firm Comcast Corp. to acquire cable operator AT&T Broadband. Required investment by Comcast for AT&T upgrades; Failure of AT&T to exploit economies of scale because of the problem of annual upgrades; Cash flow forecasts for 2003;...
- Keeping Promises In Salt Lake City. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);8/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p20
Focuses on the changes at Comcast Corp. after it acquired the operation of AT&T Broadband in Salt Lake City, Utah in 2002. Executive positions added to Comcast's organizational system; Efforts of the cable television company on incorporating AT&T employees to its corporate culture; Actions...