Ford matches down payments
- UH, RETHINK THAT REBATE. Ulrich, Lawrence // Money;Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p199
Reports on incentives offered by the automobile industry. Discussion of how the rebates impact resale value; Data from the "Automotive Lease Guide" for the 2004 Chrysler Sebring Touring sedan and 2004 Honda Accord LX; Idea that the discount means the model was overpriced; Warning that automakers...
- Joint ad spots will promote Ford's brand of brothers. Wilson, Amy // Automotive News;2/9/2009, Vol. 93 Issue 6346, p6
The article reports that the Ford, Lincoln and Mercury automobile brands were grouped together in national promotions for the Employee Pricing Plus campaign in the U.S. According to dealers, joint national advertising has happened only once or twice before. One dealer said that joint advertising...
- Small is big news at Geneva show. Ciferri, Luca; Lewin, Tony; Meiners, Jens; de Saint-Seine, Sylviane; Stein, Jason; Weernink, Wim Oude // Automotive News;2/20/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6190, p65
The article focuses on the 76th Geneva automobile show that will be held in Geneva, Switzerland. The firm Dodge will introduce the Hornet, a five-door concept car that is the automaker's vision of an entry-level vehicle for a global market. Volvo will unveil the redesigned S80 sedan. As for...
- Ford Division keeps rebates modest on 2004s. Wilson, Amy // Automotive News;9/8/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 6056, p44
Despite rebate increases at the Chrysler group and General Motors, Ford Division mostly is holding back on large incentives for 2004 models. Most 2004 Ford models carry a $500 rebate. Lincoln Mercury added $500 cash and cut finance rates for several 2004 models by 1 percentage point. The changes...
- Ford digs deep on Windstar. Teahen Jr., John K. // Automotive News;5/12/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6037, p51
Ford Division will match the buyer's down payment as much as $1,000 on the Windstar minivan in its incentive program that expires on June 4, 2003. The offer is in addition to the Windstar's $3,000rebate or 0 percent financing. Ford also boosted the rebate to $4,000 on its Excursion SUV.
- `Hood Money' Keeps Auto Giants From Smart Branding, as Promised. Green, Jeff // Brandweek;06/12/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p11
Unveils reactions on the automotive rebates used by Chrysler Corp. to help sell large cars made unpopular by the Arab oil embargo. Comments from David Aaker of the Prophet Brand Strategy; Comments from Jim Sanfilippo, who has worked on similar programs at Hyundai; Likely result of rebate programs.
- We Americans love a bargain. Crain, Keith // Automotive News;4/7/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6032, p12
We're in the middle of a war that seems like a combination of real soldiers with real bullets and a video game. But it is a real war and it's going to take a while to get it under control. Meanwhile the automobile industry needs a promotion that will motivate American consumers and make them...
- This is not a sports car, it's a marketing vehicle. Halliday, Jean // Advertising Age;2/23/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the marketing attention received by Ford Motor Co. from its Ford GT which is aimed at transforming the image of its entire product line. Image of the company in the automobile industry; Reactions to the automobile model; Features of an advertisement for the automobile.
- Confidential. // Automotive News Europe;9/8/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p11
Presents an update on the automobile industry worldwide as of September 2003. Renaming of the Golfsburg town in Germany in honor of the fifth-generation Volkswagen Golf; Selection of venue for the International Advertising Association (IAA) event; Description of the Frankfurt Messe, host of the...