Seattle hotel tests new high-speed Internet access solution
- A towel, a mini-bar, and a modem. // Training & Development;Feb97, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the trend among hotels to install special telephone lines in guest rooms so that travelers can access the Internet. Renaissance Washington Hotel's offering of computer terminals with Internet access installed by Atcom/Info; Fourth Communications Network's creation of a `travel...
- Marriott Puts End to ISP's Shady Ad Injection. // Lodging Hospitality Exclusive Insight;4/10/2012, p4
The article reports on the response of Time Square Marriott hotel regarding an Internet service provider's (ISP) advertisement injection.
- Carrier Hotels: Urban Renewal. McCarthy, Vance // Inter@ctive Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p51
Discusses the development of telecommunication carrier hotels in the United States. Benefit of the hotels to Internet service providers; Features of a carrier hotel.
- PLAZA PERKS. Owens, Jennifer // Adweek Eastern Edition;9/4/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 36, p6
Reports that the Plaza Hotel in New York City has introduced high-speed wireless Internet service in its exclusive rooms called Ambassador rooms. Cost of the service; High-technology features of the rooms.
- Standing on the cyberstaff front line. C.W. // Lodging Hospitality;Sep97, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p68
Looks at the introduction of Internet access to guest rooms at resorts, while highlighting the New York City hotel and the CyberCierge, Scott Roth which the hotel employs. What Roth's job entails; Background information on Roth; Advantages of having Roth at the hotel.
- High-speed crash. Adams, Bruce; Whitford, Marly // Hotel & Motel Management;06/04/2001, Vol. 216 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the high-speed Internet-access crash that crippled hotel properties, brands and business travelers as well as industry suppliers in the United States. Failure of many of hotels' high-speed access deployment initiatives; Demise of some high-speed access suppliers that targeted the...
- Snake Bitten? Anderson, Scott // Lodging Hospitality;Jun2001, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p38
Discusses the benefits of application service providers (ASP) to hotel operators. Cost effectiveness of tapping the services of an ASP; Advice on the selection of an ASP; Cost associated with the development of an ASP model.
- Room service, cable modems. // Telephony;12/07/98, Vol. 235 Issue 23, p48
Reveals that On Command Corp. has selected Com21 Inc. to participate in trials delivering high-speed laptop Internet access to Marriott and Renaissance hotels in the United States.
- Hotels Make Room For High-Speed Access. Spangler, Todd // Inter@ctive Week;07/05/99, Vol. 6 Issue 27, p49
Reports on the marketing opportunities offered by hotel industry for Internet access providers. Estimated number of hotel rooms with Internet access; Projected number of wired guestrooms by 2002; Agreement of Nortel Networks with CAIS Internet; Other companies providing Internet access to hotels.