Alternative Energy Attracting PE Money
- Carlyle on the hunt for managed accounts, hedge funds of funds. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;5/16/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p4
The article offers information on Washington-based private equity firm, Carlyle Group LLC's plan to add managed accounts and hedge funds of funds to its investment strategies. It is stated that the firm has been making investments across the world aimed at supplementing its investment lineup in...
- Carlyle Continues Push in Energy Sector. Noto, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/16/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p4
The article reports that Carlyle Group LP, the private equity firm, is expanding its portfolio with energy assets. It has picked up the Red Oak power generation facility in Sayreville, New Jersey. Carlyle has also closed a deal for five more power plants in California including the Midway...
- BIG DEALS. Glassman, James K. // Washingtonian Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p56
Focuses on the success of the private equity firm Carlyle Group. Reasons behind the criticisms against the company; Factors that contributed to the success of the private equity company; Companies that are owned by Carlyle Group, including Hertz, Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robins; Background of...
- Carlyle buys â‚¬230m portfolio from Italian government. // Estates Gazette;3/8/2003, Issue 310, p36
Reports that U.S. private equity firm Carlyle Group has acquired portfolio properties from the government in Italy. Significance of the acquisition deal; Properties included in the deal; Benefits of the portfolio.
- Carlyle Forms China Fund For Larger Deals. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/15/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the launch of Carlyle Group LLC's private-equity fund in Beijing, China.
- Carlyle splashes over Â£750m in pair of deals. Phillips, Mike // Estates Gazette;10/2/2010, Issue 1039, p51
This article reports on the completion of two deals by private equity firm Carlyle as it continued a spending spree of equity from its third European property fund.
- Untitled. Sidders, Jack // Estates Gazette;4/5/2014, Issue 1414, p03
The article reports the talks being conducted by private equity firm Blackstone as of early April 2014 to acquire Alban Gate at 125 London Wall, EC2, from the Carlyle Group for about 300 million pounds.
- HgCapital sets up energy fund panel. Taylor, Margaret // Lawyer;8/13/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p3
The article reports that HgCapital, a private equity house, is creating a standalone panel for its Hg Renewable Power Partners Fund in Great Britain. The investment group aims to operate as a separate entity from its regular panel. According to John Kitching, general counsel of the firm, the...
- Renewable Energy Sector Attracts Private Equity Money. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2006, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p47
The article reports that the renewable energy sector is attracting private equity investors in the U.S. The once-sleepy renewable energy sector, which for years struggled to attract investment, is luring more potential investors and touching off a small wave of acquisitions. Growing interest in...