Tech Rally Spurs Follow-on Party
- SOME PORTFOLIO-RELEVANT RISK CHARACTERISTICS OF LONG-TERM MARKETABLE SECURITIES. McEnally, Richard W. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep73, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p565
The attractiveness of a security in a portfolio context depends upon both the raturns it is expected to generate and the interrelationship of these returns with those of other securities in the portfolio. Return relationships may be appraised directly; they may also be examined indirectly by...
- A place for small companies to grow. // Accountancy;Apr95, Vol. 115 Issue 1220, p69
Reports on the London Stock Exchange's publication of the rules for the Alternative Investment Market (AIM). Need for separate market for shares of small companies; Plans of the European Association of Securities Dealers to launch a pan-European market for growth companies; Categories of...
- Tech: What's Bubbly, What's Not. McDonald, Duff // Money;Jun2012, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p47
The article proposes that the 2012 stock market sector of technology securities is facing a pattern similar to the stock market bubble of technology investments that crashed in 2000. It offers advice on how to invest in the technology sector while minimizing exposure to financial risk. Topics...
- Bull run: As software stocks stumble, low-tech issues sprint. Cleaver, Joanne // Crain's Chicago Business;07/07/97, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p4
Presents information on the high technology industry in the United States, with emphasis on stock performances for the first half of 1997 on Wall Street. Details on the performance of the stocks of individual companies; Statistical information on the winners and losers on the stock market;...
- Research and Trading. Tuttle, Kris W. // Traders Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 219, p42
Focuses on the relationship of research to securities trading in the United States. Increased anticipation of coming events and their potential stock impact.
- Why It's Time to Dip into Chips. La Monica, Paul R. // Money;May2005, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p88
This article presents advice on investing in semiconductor stocks. Semiconductor stocks aren't for the faint of heart. Companies that make the brains for personal computers, cell phones, MP3 players and other electronic devices regularly cycle through booms and busts. But if you can stomach the...
- Citing Disclosure Concerns, NASD Issues Guidance on Equity-Indexed Annuity Sales. Lysiak, Fran Matso // Best's Review;Sep2005, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the National Association of Securities Dealers' (NASD) issuance of guidance on equity-indexed annuity sales in the U.S. Disclosure concerns; Highlights of the NASD guidance. INSET: NASD Guidance Highlights.
- Rolling settlement. // Accountancy;Feb1995, Vol. 115 Issue 1218, p78
Answers a question concerning rolling settlement for stockbrokers in Great Britain. Maximum number of days allowed for rolling settlement; Impact of the length settlement on prices.
- ROLLING INTO THE 20TH CENTURY. Ellis, Barbara // Accountancy;Feb1995, Vol. 115 Issue 1218, p40
Discusses Great Britain's implementation of the rolling settlement system in the purchase and sale of shares. Replacement of the two and three-week account periods previously allowed for completion of delivery and payment; Use of an automated settlement system.