Tracking Ads, Saving Cash
- Content protection takes spotlight. Kuhl, Craig // CED;May2005, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p32
Highlights the session on cable service theft at the National Cable Television Association's 2005 National Show in San Francisco, California. Losses due to illegal access to various cable services; Call for tighter intelligent content protection and security; Prospect for downloadable security...
- Hallmark Adds Comcast Subs In L.A. and D.C. // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p9
Reports that Comcast Corp. is adding Hallmark Channel, owned by Crown Media Holdings Inc., to its cable television systems in Los Angeles, California and Washington, D.C. Impact of the system launches on subscription and distribution rate of Hallmark Channel; Number of cable systems and...
- Clout and Doubt. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p20
Points out that fundamental changes to the relationship between content companies and service providers are starting to emerge as consumers in the U.S. increase their usage of all kinds of video screens from cellular telephones to iPods for all kinds of content. Advantages enjoyed by cable...
- Comcast's Summer of $69. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;5/22/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p2
Reports on the decision of the New England division of Comcast Corp. to reduce the monthly rate for a bundle of basic video, highspeed Internet and telephone service to just $69 per month for subscribers that transfer to their rivals. Goal of the business strategy; Subscribers eligible for the...
- FAST TRACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/1/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 9, p31
The cable television network HBO kissed Sex and the City goodbye last Sunday night to the shows biggest audience of the season. The series finale attracted 10.6 million viewers with a 6.5 national household rating and a 10 share, according to Nielson Media Research. In the HBO-only universe of...
- Tucson-area television service providers. // Inside Tucson Business;8/27/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of television service providers based on the number of subscribers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of channels handled; Price of basic services on a monthly basis; Parent companies of the service providers.
- NETWORK SUBSCRIBER COUNTS. // Multichannel News;12/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p28A
Lists cable networks and their number of subscribers under categories of basic services, pay services and regional basic services as of December 2002. Cable system affiliates and subscribers of A&E Network; Alternate distribution subscribers and total subscribers of ABC Family.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/1/95, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p29
Lists the top basic cable programs in the United States for the week of April 17-23, 1995. Percentages of total households each network reaches; Ranking of top five pay cable programs ranked by households.
- Numbers. // Multichannel News;6/25/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p32
The article presents information on the number of pay television subscribers who were aware of "TV Everywhere" services provided by their operator in the first quarter of the year 2012.