Urbanites Prefer Their TiVos
- TECH CLINIC: Q+A. Johnson, Joel // Popular Mechanics;Sep2005, Vol. 182 Issue 9, p150
The article presents answers to queries related to household electronics and computers. A query is regarding use of wireless system for streamlining signals from different music players in one place. Another query is regarding a computer that can support heavy-duty multimedia applications.
- Consumers want their MTV- and their cell phone- on the same bill. // Satellite Broadband;Oct2001, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p14
Provides information on a survey by Horowitz Associates regarding cable and telecommunications services in the United States. Average amount spent by consumers on cable and telecommunication services each month; Potential advantages of bundled services; Top three services that respondents are...
- Multicultural Viewers Go Mobile, Horowitz Study Finds. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p26
The article reports on the result of the "Horowitz Associates State of Cable and Urban Media" survey conducted by Horowitz Associates Inc., which reveals that 37% of Hispanic urban consumers watch television (TV) content on alternative platforms, 41% are Asian and 36 of black compared to 25% of...
- Newcomer Ahead in Multimedia Race. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;1/26/91, Vol. 129 Issue 1753, p30
Details the first demonstration of the new home multimedia system which was unveiled earlier this month at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Description of the system; Competition with Philips Co.; Launching of the system in Britain; Use of chips based on Amiga system; Proposed cost; More.
- Audio products fade from scene at summer CES as manufacturers turn to multimedia sector. Verna, Paul // Billboard;6/25/94, Vol. 106 Issue 26, p99
Focuses on the shift from audio and video toward multimedia in consumer electronics as evidenced in the Consumer Electronics Show, 1994. Absence of Sony's MiniDisc and Philips' DCC; Companies that will not exhibit.
- The media maze. Part four. Frost, Tim // Gramophone;Jul95, Vol. 73 Issue 866, p158
Discusses technological innovations and other aspects of home entertainment and communications. Discussion of the concept, history and developments in multimedia; Central processor unit; Memory; Hard disk; Graphics display card; CD-ROM; Sound card; Floppy disk; Games consoles; Audio;...
- DIGITAL SERVICES AND DEVICES. // Multichannel News;12/31/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p14
Several charts are presented that show Forrester Research's projections for electronic devices and Horowitz Associates' penetration data for usage of communications and television services and use of digital services in the U.S.
- Streaming for Your Pleasure. Antonoff, Michael; Lake, Matt // Sound & Vision;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p46
Evaluates three multimedia receivers for home networks. Netgear MP101; Pinnacle ShowCenter; Apex AD-8000N.
- Survey: More Subs Opting for Bundle. // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p24
Reports on the increase in number of bundled customers and consumers who are willing to purchase packages of video, voice and data services in the U.S. according to a research from Horowitz Associates Inc. Advantages of bundled services; Outlook of consumers on the reliability of bundled...